Pet Peeves when playing Replay Poker

Off the top of my head which recently happened to me, I have two which I can readily think of:

1. the River card which gives me a Set fills an opponent’s Str8 and;

2. a player who fills a boat before the River doesn’t bets or raise and just calls each raise after all the raise button is right next to the check box.

Here’s a fun one wouldn’t call it a “pet peeve,” but boy was I peeved!!!

Once I’ve folded, I never really care about “oh man, if I’d have just stayed in, look what I would have had!!” That’s a fools errand.

However… this string of events (couple of days ago) was as if some Poker God decided he was bored and my number came up on his “torture that guy” meter:

Three hands in a row… that’s right, in a row:

1. Fold trash, flop full house.
  2. Fold trash, hit flush on river (four runner) that would have won.
  3. Fold trash, hit full house on turn.

Was he/she done with me? Not quite - one more gut punch jsut a few short hands later:

1. Fold trash, hit quads on the river.

(Still won the table though (Astral Orion 7,500) :wink:)

2 Likes

I dont know if Replay will read this or if they care but there is one particular player who ALWAYS enters a tournament with under 60 seconds left before the time limit is up. It’s one thing if it happens once in a while because stuff happens but it’s another thing when it happens EVERY SINGLE TIME, and it’s totally by design.

For example when entering the 1M, 2.5M or 5M tournament, this player ALWAYS joins at the last minute.

It is a form of cheating that this player gets away with. It’s extra fun for me when I have the opportunity to knock him out. I knocked him out of the 5M recently on what will forever be his worst beat of all time. That was fun!!!

I dont know if Replay will read this or if they care but there is one particular player who ALWAYS enters a tournament with under 60 seconds left before the time limit is up.

What’s the problem with this

1 Like

Personally, I do not have any pet peeves on replay poker.

It is no more real than Pac Man or any other similar games.
I play it for the enjoyment. If I am having a day when I cannot win on a table because the cards are not coming, I switch tables.
I also play three tables at once so that something is always happening all the time. (It also helps to have a rum and coke).
You cannot take it seriously. It is free poker. It can help beginners learn the basics. If you are on a table with a lot of big raises or all ins, switch tables until you find one that is more to your liking.
Most of all, have a fun time.

Happy Holidays, David

2 Likes

My pet peeves are people who blow a gasket and go Full Phil Helmuth on the table when they lose. I mean calling me an idiot for not folding to their 3 bet with when they had rags themselves gets annoying lol. The getting their chips helps me get over it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The lagging improved for a while but was bad tonight. I don’t how much is the game and how much is my connection. It doesn’t seem to happen on other sites.

2 Likes

I don’t really have any pet peeves, but I have noticed that when I lose it is usually because I am playing badly or not concentrating.

The sad fact is that playing poker tournaments is boring, because you need to fold most of your hands preflop, and then fold on the flop if it is not very favorable, particularly in multi-way pots.

The temptation is to play more hands and get more action. There is always that little rush of adrenaline waiting to see the flop, even if you have AA, and that bigger rush of adrenaline if you flop anything better than one pair.

But to win tournaments, you don’t need to play for the adrenaline. You need to be ice-cold on every hand and simply calculate your pot odds, your opponents range, and play the numbers.

3 Likes

The only one I have is constantly folding ( even in higher stakes) from players going all in preflop. I would like to play some poker.

2 Likes

Watch those players when someone calls, to see if they are bluffing or have something. If they are big bluffers, wait until you actually have a hand and then call them. You either multiply your holdings or get knocked out.

3 Likes

There is a new variant on the endless All-in after All-in after All-in fest. Players bet big pre-flop, and then bet big, time after time thereafter. This is done with every hand until they lose.

1 Like

It’s sickening.

Not really a peeve as its their choice but i just dont get the point

People who are supposedly on here to play poker but early in the game choose to sit out then play a couple of hands, sit out again then watch the clock play a couple of hands then sit out again.

Cant see how thats remotely enjoyable or fun

1 Like

the number of times some CLOWN stays in with nothing, calls all the way on nothing and then hits the gutshot straight on the river

2 Likes

Rabbit230 I understand your frustration. But I don’t mind when a clown appears at the table. Their dog and pony show usually does not last that long and they are good at eventually spreading some joy (chips) around.

3 Likes

This is not cheating as replay poker allows late registration. This player is probably giving up the first place, since when he enters the tournament he will have fewer chips, but his tactic is not to be eliminated at the beginning of each tournament and thus have more chances of reaching the $$$, even if he hardly succeeds be the first.

Not when you are playing a tournament and they knock you out by utterly stupid play!

ALWAYS losing when the opponent has a 1 in 13 chance of winning. ALWAYS.

1 Like

Fewer bingo players in higher stakes games, yes.

If they are following the rules, it’s not cheating. :slight_smile: