Pet Peeves when playing Replay Poker

What are your Pet Peeves that drive you crazy when playing Replay Poker.
Here are mine:

• A folded pair of cards makes two pair, or even a full house = Happens far too often
  • J:9 and 10:5 + Jacks in general
  • Watching someone take forever and and day to FOLD
  • Beaten in a full house when you have the higher pair in hand
  • Flush won by a single suited card.

Being card dead.

Pocket kings losing to pocket aces.

A flopped set failing to make a full house, and the table flushes or straights so you have to fold.

A strong suited hand failing to yield a single card from the relevant suit.

My pet peeve is people who don’t understand basic betting theory (Bayes + Kelly) who subsequently moan and b1tch about how they always get beat

Thanks for your question.

TA

slava Ukraini

Players complaining in the chat how rigged Replay Poker is when they lose when in actuality they don’t know how to play poker.

If you wouldn’t raise with your hole cards on your opening turn then you most likely should fold.

4 Likes

Replay Homers :rofl:

To be honest my pet peeve is knowing a player has a certain hand and then betting anyway.
If I try to blame another player or Replay, I am not getting to the root of the problem LMAO.

4 Likes

Observer chat…need to have the option to mute observers by clicking their name

2 Likes

My pet peeve is when anybody feels the need to express their pet peeve.

that’s a tad fishy

Oh my, yes. Been there.

1 Like

Mine is having a really good hand and betting it .then the guy with nothing makes a winner on the river,when he should have folded way back.

2 Likes

yep, yep,yep

2 Likes

aka - River Rat

People who when ready to leave a table don’t leave the table and you have to wait several hands for them to time out

3 Likes

I guess it’s about “bingo” type play. It’s not most of the time, but it seems it’s too often. I don’t enjoy tables where frequent pre-flop raises are 10x, 20x, etc, the big blind. Unless a player has a pair of bullets in the hole, and even then, I think calling into those raises is playing wheel-of-fortune. That’s not the game I’m here to play. It gets old folding until I get aces or kings, then call and lose, or win then sit out until I move to a new table.

Maybe I should play higher stakes tournies? I mostly play 1k to 7.5k tournies. Does that kind of play happen on the higher stakes tables? I only play tournies. Thanks!

1 Like

Flops comes, having 4 for a straight - maybe even open ended - and 4 for a Flush with Straight Flush draw and getting nothing; only to see that a player wins the Pot with a Pair of 7 or 8 or so…one time ok., but when it happens 2 or three times in 6 or 7 hands…huuuh…the other thing: river and turn gives opponent straight or Flush or another winning hand…one time ok., but 2 times in a 9 SNG, no, no, no…the human psych: losing this way is unfair, winning - even with the help of Turn and River - is justified…enjoy your winning and losing, life is to short to get mad of Poker…

When I get frozen out of my hand. This happens frequently when replay is experiencing a lagging problem. The clock is running down, on a wet board and i’m trying to determine how to play the hand. I raise, or call and the bet is not accepted. The clock keeps running and Replay folds my hand as the clock expires. Very frustrating.

P.S. I have found that its best to make a quick decision when RP is lagging. The closer you get to the end of the time clock the more likely the bet will not register.

2 Likes

Yep, maybe my laptop but hitting the delete button works 80%. Good luck.

Probably when people with millions of chips are playing at a table way below their league. Like if they lose 50K chips it’s no big deal competing against 20-30k ranked players.

In the higher stakes tournaments, like 1 million chips upwards, you tend to be up against the same players all the time, so you get to know their game and what their raising ranges are.

People may bet 20 big blinds preflop at the first blind level, but they cannot bet 20 big blinds when they are into the second hour of the tournament without putting their entire stack at risk.

As a general rule you need a stronger hand to call a raise than to raise when you are opening the pot, so position is crucial.

This is because if you do not have a premium hand, there is always a chance that your opponent does. For example you have King 10 suited. Not a bad hand, but there are many hands that are dominating you. You are not looking very good against Ace King or against Ace 10, never mind AA, KK, QQ, JJ, or TT, so you need pretty good pot odds to call.

Also take into account how many people have already entered the pot and what pot odds are you are getting.