Painlessly make the game faster

I believe many players are not aware of the pre-decision boxes at the bottom right of the table. So easy to call, fold, or pass in advance. Perhaps an announcement could be inserted in each game to explain this option would be very much appreciated. Whether the slow player wishes to take advantage is still up to him/her, but at least they would be made aware of the availability

4 Likes

Maybe bark the announcement so their seeing eye dogs understand?

2 Likes

That wont work for me SPG, my seeing eye dog is deaf!

4 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

i believe specially in tournaments there clock runners, people who purposely run the clock in order to get higher up, there are some well known names and people who are well versed in this site that do it. Every hand every bet they wind that clock for 30 seconds, the only way to combat this is to make no 30 second games, if you cannot decide in 10-15 seconds what you next move is perhaps poker isn;t for you, then you get people on two or three tables they wind the clocks down. Remove the 30 second and make it only 15 seconds if not for my sanity then everyone elseā€™s

4 Likes

Thereā€™s a few of us who live so far from the tower that our computers are what weā€™re waiting on itā€™s not us sometimes you can be as fast as you want to be even hit the automatic response but it takes the computer longer to complete the function

2 Likes

In the Lobby listing All the Tournaments there is a lightening bolt symbol to the left of every MTT. If it is Dark there will be More time for Players to make a Decision. If it is Lit up it is a Faster paced game.

3 Likes

Actually Ring Games and Sit n gos have same feature. Many Players Play several games at same time to make it a Clicking Fiesta.

1 Like

i know that but i how i play is i know what i am going to do when there are 5 players make a decision i have made my choice long ago so have the clock runners, you telling me people every single hand need to think for 30 seconds? it takes me 5 seconds to know what i am going to do if it takes you longer then i doubt you win many tournaments but i don;t mind the odd clock being run down but when you on a table with someone and every single time they have to bet they run it down itā€™s annoying i get people think but surely not 30 seconds every single hand of the entire game when there are preselections, sometimes it can 7 people before you get to bet you telling me you haven;t thought about by then. no i don;t into people needing time. Their aim is prolong the hands to get into places which they may not be able to do without running the clocks.

3 Likes

It is not always for the reason you are stating. If a player has a slow or bad connection it will take the whole time to act. I have that problem where I am at sometimes. Pocket aces, no problem, I raise IMMEDIATELY, but because of a bad connection it takes forever to act. And if it is really bad the computer at Replay does not pick up the signal in the allotted time and will FOLD me. Trust me, that is more frustrating for me than it is for you thinking Iā€™m just running out the clock. Another problem could be with the players cache needing to be cleared. So pleas donā€™t think it is JUST for the reason you are stating. I could be sitting across from you with AA and calling my computer every thing BUT a computer!!

3 Likes

Itā€™s annoying when someone who is annoyed wants to change the rules for everyone elseā€¦so Iā€™ll make a deal with you. You donā€™t play tables with 30 second clocks and Iā€™ll stop reading your posts. :wink:

3 Likes

There is more to life than making it go faster.

1 Like

Not complaining; just feel it might be a service of value to let folks know this is available

I have solved the problem. The slower games are 20 seconds long. At least the Games I looked at and timed.

Iā€™d be more than happy with shorter clocks IF on the multiple Rebuy tournaments the cost of re-buying goes up incrementally each time. Example - On the 500 chip buy-in/rebuy tourneys make the first rebuy 500, maybe even the second, but after that the cost goes up 100 chips every time you re-buy, but the amount of chips you receive is still 500. The inverse would work as well. The buy-in remains 500, but each time you re-buy you get 25 fewer chips. Either of those options would reduce the amount of time I need to consider how others playing B6, N34 & G53 (let alone the free-space) affects my implied odds, let alone pot equity.

I have another thought on the time required to play, and how age impacts the speed at which information is processed. But, I suspect the the younger ā€œfasterā€ players would find my suggestion less than desirable.

There is also the issue of playing multiple tables and taking/needing more time to act as a result, but of course the answer to that is to only play one game at a time, no matter how slow it might be. If you want faster games, try playing three or four at a time.

1 Like

the faster you play. .the more hands you can play between blindsā€¦

1 Like

I get a kick out of people who complain about ā€˜slownessā€™ at a table, AND then do everything I can to aggravate them some moreā€¦ lolā€¦ Have a great day, Broā€¦ I tend to do that, and recommend itā€¦ :>))) ā€¦

2 Likes

My feeling is that some folks are just not aware of the check boxes that can permit them to take action in advance. If made aware, they can still ignore them.

I wanted to post a witty reply to this but itā€™s just too good to mess with!:+1:

1 Like

Beware of this behavior though, because you might just get a kick from the people they might report you to for it :slight_smile: