Offensive user names

RP filters chat and that’s good. But user names in my opinion should be sreened as well. For example, greedybastard and porerinrear come to mind. There are many more offensive examples. Just saying.

Its very difficult what you ask for, we moderators do thet manually, every day. The best is just report the nick to us. Same with picture.

Btw we ask thet user chose a new nick, if this not take place, usually RP change it to "princess1-2-3-4 " or , simply the acc get suspended.

I hope this help a bit

ATB

I agree too waitykaite, we should be able to automatically prevent players from registering with certain words in their names, we’ll just need to take care not to hit too many false positives.

Thanks for your comment Sharon. It’s very subjective, what’s offensive to one person is acceptable to another. We usually take action when a name is complained about by another player, or one of the mods spots a name they think could be offensive. Right now we err on the side of caution, but if you think we should relax the rules, then we’ll take note and listen to players feedback. What does everyone else think?

I know I don’t like lookin’ at no buttcrack, I’ll tell you what.

I agree with Sharon, GreedyBastard is just funny, but I would report a name if it really was offensive and I’m sure you all know what type of names I’m talking about. Lets be human beings here and take a look at what really is offensive and stop having a go at people who are having a laugh

Hi SharonSmarty

It is not only the nickname, when we (moderators or staff) get complaints about inappropriate (provocative or offensive) usernames, we check the name, but also the (chat) behavior. Than we take action. When you have complaint about your moderation, you can send an email to support@replaypoker.com., there they can investigate, and check your whole moderation history. And tell why your name is changed.

The profanity filter quet young and have to be worked on ofc and never will be perfect. Go around the filter its easy, but if user keep do it, sooner he/she get in “trouble”. These days anithing can be offensive… in my country, we cant call the real gipsy as gipsy… they even call themselfs gipsy in papers, like nationality …We live in a wird times…

It’s a tricky one to strike the right balance. For example, JustASmartass I don’t find offensive, but I can imagine someone else might. We try to use common sense and not have any hard or fast rules. Normally if someone complains will ask the player to change their name. If you want to appeal against a name change request you can always send an email to support@replaypoker.com

You’re welcome Sharon. Sorry if we made you feel like you did something wrong.

Becouse we just short handed check 200000 nick…

+no report before about them…

That’s right Sharon. They either haven’t been reported or mods haven’t spotted them or if they, perhaps they didn’t find them offensive. For reporting, please can you either send a message using the (?) button at the top of the page, or an email to support@replayerpoker.com that way we’ll definitely action it. No need to re-report these those I’ll pass them on. Thanks!