Off Topic subject matter

I really don’t get why people complain about what is posted under this topic, if you see something that interests you , you comment and share your opinion. If there are posts that you have no interest in you just keep scrolling past it.If someone wants to share a great recipe great , lots of people love to cook …love sports , post about your favorite team . It’s a great way to meet other players with your interests who you may not have ever run across in a game.

8 Likes

Well, complaining about stuff is a traditional American pass time…like turkey on Thanksgiving day.

3 Likes

I think I do get it. People read the forum in different ways. I read the messages via my own email. Others go to the actual Forum and go about choosing exactly as Sharon suggests. I think still others can get a catch once a day or something like that.

There is even another way to achieve what Sharon suggested if you receive messages via email. If you click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of your email you will be sent to a page where you can unsubscribe from the forum or unsubscribe from a particular topic, the second choice being a fine way on not being overwhelmed with messages.

Hope this helps.

Scratch

3 Likes

This post was not about how many people see via email or wherever , I was simply just saying how different posts are interesting to different people for many reasons and so they should be allowed to post on whatever subject they want. since it is under the heading Off Topic.

2 Likes

Well, just do not mention the president by name or you will get deleted…no politics or religion on here…

Can we say the orange monkey?

3 Likes

sheeeeeshh, no cursing here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I like that rule.

4 Likes

Thank you Sharon. Exactly what I wanted to post yesterday after reading and commenting in a thread but I didn’t.

I already get accused by a group of people here that I post to much about non poker related topics.

It’s called “ OFF TOPIC “ created by Paul aka Mr Replay for the specific reason to share things members of a community might be interested in.

Even Fizzmint posted twice last week about members not telling other members what to post.

fizzymintCommunity Manager
Nov 14

*** At Replay, we’re happy for folks to have discussions about hot topics, but it’s important that no one makes anything personal or dictates what other players should or shouldn’t post. Flag posts, and our forum moderators will handle that. It’s fine to have a respectful discussion here, but any posts that become personal will be deleted. ***

It’s time some people got a clue and moved on.

You either read it and comment or you don’t.

3 Likes

I was surprised I didn’t find any comments to my other post by the “usual suspects”. I thought, argh…they only did it to prove me wrong! LOL
No, quod erat demostrandum. They took a deviation through another thread presenting themselves as poor victims against those bad, bad people who want to impose them the choice of their topics. And, of course, they don’t fail to repeat again and again that they have the full support of the “authority”. Good for you!
It was EVIDENT that my post was NOT about the choice of the off-topics. I simply thought I would give a couple of suggestions to improve the RP Forum, and make it a real “public” Forum, and not a private one, as it seems now.
Since I don’t think self-criticism is your forte, I give up. Enjoy the Forum!
Mirella

1 Like

It seems to me that you have a problem with repeat posters, but yet here you are posting again to make a point , which is fine, I am also guilty of voicing my opinion . Do I want everyone to agree with , not at all , it is my opinion only. My reason for starting this topic was so that the Community who come to the forums see that it is alright to post about what interests them. There are topics here like What are you listening to now 316 comments , I personally don’t care what people listen to , so never went to that Topic , same with The NFL Thread 226 comments , Got Ink 15 comments , so these topics obviously interest players.
There is a Community Center not far from my house , they offer such activities as Darts, arts and crafts , bridge , bingo,badminton , floor hockey and much more , do I go to all of these , hell no, would be a waste of my time to attend something that doesn’t interest me . The same goes here , I only read what interests me.
I have disagreed with posts who were written by friends , does it make me like them any less as a person , not at all , everyone has a right to their own opinion and I respect that as I also respect your opinion, sometimes its just best to agree that we disagree .

2 Likes

Yes, but they do not have the right to express that opinion if it makes others uncomfortable

(reference the poster above who likes the no religion/politics rule)

wow you are so kool, Im gonna like this thread, some great points here, what a great topic !!! and I mean that for real BAA HAA ha.

3 Likes

sounds like that room you were setting !

2 Likes

up

2 Likes

hey Craig, you have a lot of charisma !!!

3 Likes

Thank you Brother. I guess that’s why I’m in movies and television shows :+1:t2: It’s certainly not for the handsome good looks hahahahaha, Hahahaha.

See you tonight I hope in the tournament.

Or maybe it is that good boy / bad boy look lol.

Later Bro

3 Likes

puddintain .

2 Likes

I was wondering, if I’m travelling in my spaceship at the speed of light and turn my headlights on, will I see the light in front of me?

1 Like

I believe that the light would stay in the headlight casing. I guess unless there was a force field around the vehicle. In that case you should see the light reflecting off the inside of said shield.image

1 Like