My mind

I have been on this site for a few months now and is a vocal player who is often in war ( with ) other players, but as a means of getting something out of the boring anonymity of online games, however I an 100% convinced that because of my recent criticism of the way some loose players are winning with frankly impossible hands that there might be a tendency towards supporting certain players. I have not changed my position as every time I am on the tables I seem to get hands that eliminates me even if in a winning position. I just want to put that here too as no matter what the outcome, the site sensors some players. It should encourage good poker and not stifle vocal players after all it is only chat. I am of the belief that some hands are house hands…

As far as I know REPLAY uses a “pRNG: pseudo Random Number Generator”

Their certificate of evaluation can be found here:

http://www.gamingassociates.com/certificate/ReplayPoker_Certificate.pdf

A pseudo-random number generator (PRNG), also known as a deterministic random bit generator, (DRBG). A DRBG is defined as an algorithm for generating a sequence of numbers whose properties approximate the properties of sequences of random numbers. I Do Know that the PRNG-generated sequence is not TRULY random, because it is completely determined by a relatively small set of initial values, called the PRNG’s seed (which may include truly random values). Although sequences that are closer to truly random can be generated using hardware random number generators, pseudo-random number generators are “important in practice” for their speed in number generation and their predictability.

That is probably why you are seeing some of those quite impossible hands come up as possibly “house hands” quite often.

I win and I lose I am vocal and I am not. What I do know is that we all have the same possibilities of winning.

hey r u from deadliest catch?

You know… zooming on the pick of him holding that fish… good eye longirelans69.

Just a retired fisherman

Fishermen don’t retire. =P (/slight_sarcasm)

True

Couple of points worth mentioning here:

1. pancek: “tendency towards supporting certain player” - this is an assertion that certain players are favored over others, which insinuates there is purposeful on our part. I can guarantee 100%, since we’ve built Replay poker from the ground up (we’re not licensing anyone else’s technology), that we have never and never will influence, in any way, the outcome of a hand - simple as that.

2. AnimylMav: “As far as I know REPLAY uses a ‘pRNG: pseudo Random Number Generator’ … That is probably why you are seeing some of those quite impossible hands come up as possibly “house hands” quite often.”

We currently use a pRNG - a modified Mersenne Twister. If you read the certificate of evaluation that you mentioned above, you’ll see:

"The evaluation comprising statistical testing and code inspection found that:

• the pRNG generated results which were uniformly distributed and statistically independent; and - shuffled cards for poker card games were fair and not predictable:"

That’s the important bit, the tests that Gaming Associates run, look over millions of hands to determine randomness. They use the same stringent tests that are required by regulated online poker operators and we passed with flying colors.

Having said that we are committed to offering the very best quality poker available anywhere online, and that’s why later this year we’re going to switch to a tRNG (true random number generator) that works using quantum physics to generate the numbers - basically the very highest quality generator that exists today.