MTT Leaderboards, Number of Games

I don’t presume to speak for the masses and wouldn’t. But I do agree the numbers do tell the story. The larger story they tell bodes well for 90 games.

We have had two full months of 90 games in both Medium and High. There is no question it would be easier to have less games. But I don’t think the masses have a hard time playing 90 games at all. In low, for instance, 47 of the top fifty players have already played 90 games or over. For the past three months 50 of the top 50 players played at least 90 games and I didn’t even check the months before that.

One reason they do that is because there are masses amounts of people playing and a massive amount play at least 90 games each month.

So the issue may be to instead of lowering and then raising the amount of games, to better spend the time to grow the attendance up the ladders of the SnGs, which I have been talking about for months.

The reason Medium players don’t play in High is because the majority of games were either 100K or 200K buy ins. Somebody used to playing at 20K and 30K buy ins rightfully don’t want to make the step up at such a risk to their banks. That leaves only the uncaring come up and they play like uncaring people. So High gets screwed because we have not built the gradations properly. Get the 40K working finally. Make more incentives to play 50K so that the good players from Medium have a reason to step up.

Let’s face it, when there is a table with 9 people and there are 6 or 7 serious players, you get great play and the donks are usually weeded out and slammed down. But when you take the same 9 player table and put in 2 serious players and 7 donks who spend their last 50K then you have yourself a rodeo and that is when the bad beats and suck outs prevail and the grace f the game is lost.

The masses will come but they have to have a reason. Open the 40K in either Medium or High.

And with regard to the switchover to a complex math after the 90th game, I agree 100 percent and the solution is to follow Happiness’s idea of people being allowed to play as many 30 or 60 game tournaments that they want with only the highest set of games counting.

Oh, and yes, please say hello to the masses for me… but not too loud. ))

Scratch (who doesn’t speak for the Missus either)

1 Like