MTT Allins

Hey guys, i just played my first MTT on this website, it was Bankroll Builder B&R with 500 buy in, i wonder why all table just sitting and putting ALLIN??! With any hands, just Allin, almost everyone. Thats kinda weird!

2 Likes

Well itā€™s a rebuy tournament, and a cheap one, so youā€™ll find many players pushing with anything until they win a big pot. It can be a fun experience for MTT players who normally play tighter poker to just splash chips around for a while at little cost. Having said that, in many MTTs there will always be players willing to shove with anything, but itā€™s especially true of those BB rebuy tourneys.

6 Likes

Hi @ept20, an interesting question and it just so happens that our resident expert, @Sassy_Sarah, wrote a post just for you before you even knew you had the question :slight_smile:

Hope this helps :slight_smile:
Regards,
TA

4 Likes

There are numerous reasons for that but the number one reason is, most often, that players are in a ā€œBuild Your Bankrollā€ tournament for exactly what the name implies. Not that you wonā€™t run into a few strong players here and there but most players are new or are just trying to ā€œbuild their bankrollsā€ without having to buy chips. Donā€™t be discouraged by the apparent lunacy. Send me a friend request and I will help you. Iā€™m very much interested in the ā€˜politicsā€™ of your area/country etc. Iā€™m a student of history (REAL history) and am a chessplayer of sorts. I never count chessplayers in my very short list of real heroes of mine in this life and am not a hero/celebrity worshipper as I was around both in my years of working in Vegas. I make an exception for the moment that I stood shoulder to shoulder with Boris Spassky at the American Open in Long Beach, California circa1991-1992 as we were both patiently waiting to look at the booksellerā€™s wares. As always, he was a gentleman. As I say, I am not one to be impressed by celebrity. My memories of that moment leave me with goose bumps. Like a little child. I laugh at myself even.

Anyway, I have a background in this game that might surprise you. In any case, just keep checking back at this forum as I might answer your question more in-depth and save my fellow RP mates a bit of typing. Iā€™m not playing now as I am ill and I really, really, really cannot abide these new tables. That being said, my experience at RP has made me a better player. By the way, the only two words that I recall from my first (foreign) language class is ā€˜eta knigaā€™. Stick around if you really like the game. Cheers!

2 Likes