Most Exciting Thing About Your City

If you’re going to give someone a tour of where you’re from, what’s at the top of the to-do list?

1 Like

Spend some time with them on Replay :wink: lol

2 Likes

Here in Yuma it’s the Sonoran Desert. After the summer is over
Nearly a 100,000 snow birds come to Yuma every winter witch nearly
doubles the population. Quartsite, Arizona has 2 million snow birds every year.

2 Likes

I live in a secluded Village of 700 people which hosts Art and Seafood festivals that bring 10-20 thousand visitors each Year. Quite a sight actually.

3 Likes

I would take people out to the giant redwood grove just east of town. It would take about 20 people with arms stretched out to circle some of these ancient trees. It’s a beautiful place: Stout Grove in the Jedediah Smith State Park.

5 Likes

Jury duty selection at the Court House.

1 Like

This comment certainly leaves me begging for more details! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sassy I remember 40K Visitors for Your Art Festival Years back. Had one case for jury duty and they settled it just before they picked Us out. Whole room of 40+ jurors almost threw hats in air. Most interesting thing about My town is that it is almost all built on Indian Burial mounds.Truly is a Special place and is the only Haunted Town recognized as so by the State.

2 Likes

I was born in Nottingham and have watched it diversify with the times and bring life to the Market Square with outdoor entertainment, creating a seaside complete with sand in the summer and transforming it into an Ice skating rink in the winter. Street entertainment now takes place throughout the year and new bistros and boutiques give colour and flavour. I am proud to live here.

4 Likes

The most exciting thing about my city is, well… me.

It;s not that I am all that exciting, it’s just that everything else is just so very boring.

I want to run tours of me, but I just don’t have room to park all those buses.

3 Likes

Most exciting thing in my City… Nothing, unless you count me :wink:

2 Likes

I count you.

2 Likes

small town boy. not much to do in a small town. do have a 1/4 mile race track. golf course if you like to golf or putt putt. that’s pretty much it.

2 Likes

That sounds absolutely wonderful!

2 Likes

I’d attend a tour

2 Likes

Get lost.

I mean it in the nicest possible way. I live in Paris, France. If you come to my city, you’ll be hauling a guidebook and a couple of apps and an impossible list of hundreds of things to see and do. All more exciting or mesmerizing than the next.

So, at some point, lose the guidebook. Shut down the phone. Pick an area you like. Walk, like a Parisian. Take the 1st right and 2nd left or vice versa. Now you’re lost. And that’s just great.

Walk down a couple of pleasant streets. Stop for some coffee at a cafe, not a Starbucks, and watch the people go by. Push the door to an art gallery or a clothes shop or any local store because why not. Stroll along the river for a bit or cross a bridge or get a nice view from a rooftop terrace.

And when it’s almost sunset time, take the metro to the Eiffel tower. It’s aerial, so great views. Every hour on the hour, the tower starts to sparkle. Just be there, at the foot of the old iron lady, for a few minutes of urban fireworks.

I bet those will be the memories you’ll bring back, not the exhausting museum-monument safari.
Oh, and drop me a message. I’ll be happy to send you more tips.

7 Likes

Fabulous! Great post, SamLocksley!

1 Like

Big Basin Redwoods State Park (California) is 20 minutes from my house. I also have a redwood grove in the back yard and a couple of huge stumps. Great place to just hang out.

3 Likes

I live along just south of Oregon. The Oregon coast has some of the most beautiful sea stacks in the world. I’d recommend seeing them. Here’s a photo:

4 Likes

**Sweet Home Chicago"

Some of the many things Chicago is famous for are: Chicago -style hot dogs, Chicago -style (deep dish) pizza, Maxwell Street Polish Sausage, jazz music, and 1920s gangsters like Al Capone. Chicago is also known for interesting architecture like the Sears Tower, many museums, and many loyal sports fans.

1 Like