Maniac In The House!

The MTT tournaments probably could do with an infusion of a handful more pot-limit tourneys, in my estimation.

Per the OP post, yeah, the rebuy bankroll builders can be a bit tiresome at times in that first half hour, depending on what kind of play is going on at your table. It’s within the parameters of the rules of that game, so I won’t grouse. But, yeah, I get ya.

if you cannot handle that sort of play do not play rebuy games, it’s a really simple answer to the question

Hi Sassy, I rarely play the rebuy game. I have only played re-buy twice and the second time was last night. The game requires a different strategy which I was not adjusted too. The play style you describe is one I noticed a number of players using and it appears to be a smart strategy for this game.

Poker isn’t a democracy, it’s a game! I don’t like bingo players but they are an unfortunate part of the landscape. What seems to work for me is to only play good pocket cards and if I get bingo’d I fold. The herd gets culled pretty quickly and when the last bingo player is gone I can get down to actually playing the game enjoyably. I usually play in the 10K and 25K SNG’s and there aren’t usually that many of them and they’re almost always first to bust.

I agree with SunPower that the rules are fine. To try to change this site’s rules wouldn’t make it more enjoyable, unless perhaps we made deuces wild and one-eyed jacks wild. Now that might make things interesting!

thats poker if u cant handle it then u suck!

i think it’s great. If you go all-in & lose , someones got a big stack . typically those w/ big stacks avoid that sort of risk. Once the break comes, it’s real poker , as all-in losers are out. Those who are averse to the crazy world of re-buy can choose to fold or find a gm that’s suits yer style w/ less craziness. Actually it’s been awhile since I’ve enjoyed that atmosphere… Keep in mind all those re-buys are added to the 'winnings to be had ’ should you be that fortunate. johnny

Nobody enjoys losing…

Hummmm … it seems that some do.

GIves latitude to:

1. play victim
  2. blame Replay
  3. be coarse with others…

just my humble observatons

Well Eddie,

A: thats how I play it…
B: its the ONLY “unlim-rebuy” MTT… ( is 1 too many ? )
C: Its fun to play differently for a change…
D: its only 500 to enter and 450 for a double rebuy… :sunglasses:
E: Outwit - Outlast - Outplay - Outbluff… when all else fails… you guess’d it…Bingo !

1 Like

Perhaps more pot limit tourneys could be introduced into the rota, for those who prefer a different way of playing?

When we are at it, can we adjust the algorithm where players seems tobe allways winning on the River ? :slight_smile:
(just kidding)

@GettyEsq @eddie72 @Sassy_Sarah
While I’m fairly new around here, and don’t play in the 500 BR tournament very often, I have managed to get a few good results in them.
While the strategy suggested by Sarah was interesting, the trick that works for me is to see play super-tight till the first break (calling only with pairs or high suited connectors or AK) and then playing your natural game.
It’s super tough, I know, but it’s just like the old saying - “He who laughs last laughs longest”.

i agree seems that , even tho put people in bad position where they 20 percent to 5 percent to win they will win 50 percent of the time. The math does not add up, i play cash games and maybe i get rivered once or twice a night. Here its 5 or 6 hands in a row, just math just is just very impossible. I think that everyone is getting 50 percent luck even if they are in position where they 5 percent out come.

(correction: 720 per dbbl rebuy)

My last 3, were 2 final tables 1 bustout shortly after 1st break… 1 was a Win… I just looked @ the results of the win. 1800 in bounty collected, 8600 total invested in entry/rebuy/addon fees, and a profit of about 22k. ( earning about 34k in t-pts )… so thats 66% to the good. Normally I do not expect to profit, but I do expect to get in top 15. There is a 1.5k MTT also with unlim rebuys for 30 minutes, but no bountys. Outside of these 2 MTTs I play dramatically different, but I do like to let my hair down, so to speak, and play crazy in them. I’m not sorry that this strategy is misunderstood.

@buck777 @Sassy_Sarah I honesty think that to make this strategy work you need lady luck on your side, which I don’t seem to have in these BR tourneys and that’s why I play the way I play. If it works for someone then there isn’t much you can do about it other than call and hope yourself. If you get rivered then that’s just bad luck.

P.S. Sarah – I do understand and respect your strategy and didn’t mean to offend you, I choose not to play it because if I feel that it just doesn’t work for me.

1 Like