Loose cannons

Does anyone else lose substantial pots to someone going all in with absolutely nothing but a gutshot straight draw, and then pulling it ? I usually have 2 pair or at least high pair, and it seems like the probability would be in my favor, but I have lost like this 6 times in the last two days. Does replay plant ringers to take all your coin to make you buy more? Lost one preflop with JJ to someone going all in with a 2 5, the last 2 cards drawn were 2 5. I call bs .

It’s common. You see a lot more hands online, so things you think shouldn’t happen so frequently, actually do. Losing that many hands in two days isn’t really much, if you are seeing too many flops. Sometimes you are the lucky predator, sometimes not so much. I saw someone bet all the way to showdown and all they had was 72o. They lost, but sometimes they don’t.

3 Likes

“Does replay plant ringers to take all your coin to make you buy more?”
No.

“Lost one preflop with JJ to someone going all in with a 2 5, the last 2 cards drawn were 2 5. I call bs”
While that’s unfortunate and certainly unlucky, it’s certainly not impossible and therefore not bs.

4 Likes