Levels & Achievements Feedback

I haven’t heard anybody knock out “bonus” chips, meaning both the daily attendance award and worse, the monthly and annual awards that are now way over a million chips. These chips are in addition to the actual chips used from the registration. The monthly bonus chips come from Replay Poker’s very liberal giveaway pool.

Scratch

I forgot to mention the Guaranteed Winning chips, which also are given away on occasion. Why should these be calculated amongst the earned chips.

To really be a stickler, should the chips that were raked in ring games be added to the totals of ring players?

If the goal is to base rankings on actual earned chips, as a start, the ranking system should include only chips that were earned from other people’s chips, but not count all the giveaways.

After that you can start to factor in playing over your level and under your level, where the chips you have earned can be very hard to obtain or very easy to obtain.

Finally, I note regularly that players now ranked in the top one hundred are playing free roll. Can we please knock out any gains from these efforts.

All of these corrections, when made, will have an incredibly positive effect on the level of play here as we are being held accountable for every bet we make.

Scratch

Player A and Player B both start with 1,500 chips.

Player A enters 5 Bankroll Builder Tourneys with an average of 60 players. He wins all 5 with an average payout of 30,000 chips
Chip math is: 150,000
less…7,500 Entry Fees
Total…142,000

Player B buys 250,000 chips, enters the Over The Rainbow Tourney and plays bingo. He finishes last.
He buys another 250,000 chips and enters the next Over The Rainbow, finishing last again.
On his 3rd try he gets hot with his bingo play and wins the Tourney. Payout is 2,500,000.
These 3 tourneys averaged 30 players each.
Chip math is 2,500,000
less…750,000 entry fess
Total…1,750,000

Player A…142,000
Player B…1,750,000

If we subtract bought chips the Total is:
Player A…142,000
Player B…1,000,000

Who is the better player?

Reply, they got real $ for the bought chips.

I’m not arguing against buying chips or playing bingo.
I’m making the point that chips can never be a good measure of poker skill as long as one can buy chips, get free chips everyday and get chips for such things as having 25 friends.

I would like to see Replay develop a ranking system for MTT’s using a metric that includes # of entrants and position of finish…but doesn’t include anything chip related.
There could be separate rankings for ring games and SnG’s.
And we could still keep the chip-based ranking for people who value total chips accumulated.

Chips won on LeaderBoards or TourneyMMT wins should count towards ranks . Also 2500 daily bonus should also be counted since everyone gets this. I think the only chips that shouldn’t count are bought chips , nothing wrong with buying chips but players who play hard to win on LeaderBoards or tourneys earned those chips and should be rewarded by having a better rank.

1 Like

Agreed. Also, Leaderboards are not based on chips. They are based upon points accumulated and determined by a formula that in the SnGs is one formula and in the MTTs there is an entirely different formula. Both formulas skew the same player differently as well.

1 Like

Thank you! I have been saying this as well. Any ranking system using chips is subject to massive distortions and has very little to do with skill. Ranking based on total relative finishing positions (for MTT and SnG) is really the best measure of a players ability over a large sample size. I would be 100% behind this move and again, thank you for illustrating 1 of the issues with a case study.

Scratch - I thought the formula was identical, just the decision to use top scores vs all scores was different. Either way, kind of a goofy formula and application if we want to rank top skill players vs top active players.

Agreed 100%. I think the issue will become how much the development costs are going to be to implement a sophisticated system. It would be nice to go beyond chips… hoping.

call it: “Motown”

for winning with two pair of JJ55.

“Jacks and Fives” (say it fast)

Actually an older term used around poker tables for a good long while now.

Or how about a…

“Brunson” (Doyle Brunson)
win a hand with 10 and 2 off suit…

Peace.

1 Like

also have a few:

*winning with a royal flush
*winning a 1M buy-in MTT or higher
*make a succesful herocall (like calling ace high on a big bet)
*make a big laydown (don’t know if that one is doable)
*make a succesfull 3 barreling bluff

2 Likes

Can’t forget the “Bubble-Boy” badge, for hitting the bubble on the nose in a tournament.

1 Like

Is there a complete list of these things or is it supposed to always come as a surprise? If no list, how would anyone know what was “rare?”

There isn’t a complete list, but you’re able to see the new ones you’re eligible for once you hit the required level. Special achievements are secret. Now that you mention rarity, might be cool if we were able to put up the percentage of players who have a particular achievement.

1 Like

Thanks.

I’m not a new player, and I enjoy the Achievements unlike most…it’s a little something extra to think about while playing…although not the main focus. That being said, I noticed you’ve got The Devil achievement…win with 666. Why not the “Holy Roller”? Win with 777? :blush: Also, an achievement for winning with 7-2 off suit. I also like the idea of tying a chip bonus to these achievements as a couple other folks have mentioned…I think that chip bonuses would entice some of the older players to enjoy the achievements a bit more, as well as chase after them…especially if there are high bonuses for very difficult ones to attain.

1 Like

Maybe these new badges could be added
The rigged conspirator badge
The ultimate troll badge
The burning chip aka the bingo badge
The run the clock every chance you get badge
The finally gotcha badge
The complicate a simple hand analysis badge
and lastly…

The fluffy turtle badge (only awarded by SPG)

1 Like

So this is why I keep wasting chips on 22, hoping for that last badge “win with 2222”… ohh wait I don’t have 25 friends either, and I’m not gonna just add ppl, to get to 25.

I print out my awards and have them transferred to vinyl. Then i attach them to my car door so everyone can see my achievements…