Levels & Achievements Feedback

:smiling_imp:

PLEASE STOP. SO ANNOYING.

Sooooo very annoying and useless,give us HTML as you have promised.
Not everyone here plays tournys and most are adult enough not to need these silly awards.
Please give us some options at the tables to show one cad so players will wonder if u actually had a hand or just bluffed them.I for one would also like to show a fantastic fold when in a headsup situation…i have played many sites that have these so give me that crap thats it’s too difficult to accomplish!
Thanks
ps. let me win more lol

It could be worse… they could be giving you funny pictures of cats.

Once all the “easy” awards are won or populated, the number of announcements will be drastically reduced.

It would be nice to have more granularity in email notifications though. I really don’t need an email to tell me I won a hand with KQ suited, I was there at the time, but I would still like emails for other stuff.

I would prefer funny pictures of cats …lol

2 Likes

I do love cats!

lol

Never posted on the forums before so forgive me if I am doing this wrong.

I’ll state the obvious: The new achievements and level system are awful. They are several steps back for what I used to call an otherwise perfect poker site. The achievement system before was, in my personal opinion, perfectly fine. It wasn’t too overbearing and they were achievements that are actually worth calling an “achievement” as far as poker goes. I think I speak for most if not all of us when I say: fix it, we don’t like it.

Thanks everyone for the feedback (and @SharonSmarty the cat photo :smile_cat: )

As @fizzymint mentioned above, this is the first release of the new achievement system, and there are bound to be things that players like and dislike about it. That’s why we encourage you to share your thoughts - it really helps us to figure out how best to make improvements (and in fact, we’ve already make some tweaks based on your feedback.)

I wanted to add my two cents, as there’s a few important things worth mentioning. Hopefully they’ll help you understand our thinking behind the system.

Probably the most important point to emphasis is that we built the achievements with new players in mind. That doesn’t mean existing players can’t enjoy the challenge of collecting badges and leveling up, but the fact is you’re probably not going to get as much out of them as a new player (at least not in the beginning).

Each day we get hundreds of new players joining the site, but only a fraction of those will still be playing a few days later, let alone months. Anything we can do to capture the imagination of new players long enough for them to realise just how special a place Replay Poker is, has to be a good thing!

Achievements and levels are proven to do just that, they’re a fun way to help new players familiarise themselves with the features we offer on the site and help them get engaged in the game of poker. All the while, hopefully growing their bank roll and participating more and more in ring games, tourneys and promotions - long enough so they’ll stick around for a long time to come.

At the same time we’re aware there are a couple of problems releasing a system like this to existing players:

1. The fact is if you’re an active player, with a decent sized bank roll, you’re going to quickly level up and earn a lot of achievements in a relatively short time. As some of you have already pointed out this can be annoying for the first day or two, but as @SunPowerGuru mentioned this won’t last long.

2. If you’re already enjoying playing on the site, you’re here to play poker and (hopefully) play it well, then the achievements may be of little interest to you. They’re not going to tell you who’s the best player, or help you to analyse your game to improve your play (two features I’m personally looking very much forward to).

All I’d ask is that you keep in mind that you were once a new player and just maybe the achievements would have helped to get you engaged, even just a little bit more quickly, with all the great things that Replay has to offer.

You should know by now that I love Replay. You asked for feedback, so here’s some feedback.

Badges and the like can help build a community, but only if they are difficult to obtain. They have to mean something to have value. When I was a kid, if I entered a race or other competition, the top 3 places got trophies, and these meant something. These days, everybody who enters gets a trophy and they are meaningless.

You may hope that the new system helps your retention rate, but can’t have the data to know one way or the other, at least not yet. You are running the risk of alienating your existing customer base in hopes of being more attractive to your new players. Hundreds of new players a day, OK, but many housands of loyal existing customers.

I would suggest 2 things…

1… Give us the ability to turn the notifications off. New players could leave them on if they are inspired by them, older players could turn them off if they find them irritating. This would be a simple solution that wins both ways.

2… Send an email to those who register, play a few days, then stop playing. Find out why they are leaving. Something like…

We Need Your Feedback!

Thanks for registering with Replay Poker. We noticed that you haven’t been playing lately. Please take a minute to fill out the survey below and we will deposit 10,000 chips into your account!

What do you like about Replay Poker?

What didn’t you like about Replay Poker?

Would you recommend Replay to your friends?

If not, please tell us why.

Your feedback is important to us. Hope to see you at the tables soon, thank you!

Offered in the spirit of constructive criticism, peace.

2 Likes

Great constructive feedback, as always, @SunPowerGuru.

Spot on with the comments - only time will tell whether our assumptions are correct through the metrics we track (and we track a lot of them). Every community is different, what works for one may not work for another.

Build, measure, learn - rinse and repeat :wink:

In reply specifically to the two suggestions:

1. So you’ll be pleased to know this is something we started working on yesterday - if you don’t like the on-site achievement notifications, simply turn them off from the Notifications Settings page. Hopefully this will go live today.

2. You already know how much I love feedback, so I think it’s a really useful idea. Next year, as the team continues to grow and we have more resource to reach out to players individually. Anything that helps us better understand the types of players and their individual wants and needs, has got to be a good thing!

The setting to turn off achievement notifications (along with the existing one for emails) is now live:

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Yeah, the ability to turn off notifications will be a nice feature, can’t wait!

I’ve been involved in web development since 1995. Exit surveys are a great way to capture data you would otherwise lose. Feel free to message me if you want to pick my brain about web stuff.

Wow, that was fast!

We aim to please :sweat_smile:

Great! I’ll drop you a private message.

i also have some feedback:

as sun already said. getting trophies mean a lot more if they are difficult to obtain, but i also get that these new trophies are meant most for the newer players.
but what if you make more of those achievements but in an additional category, with ones they are difficult, simply said hard things you really have to conquer by playing very good poker to get, instead of getting by doing something specific.

so this way you have an achievement category with a trophy category in it which would also be a lot fun for the more experienced players. this way there is something for the better and something for the weaker players.

Sorry guys but this barrage of “achievements” awards is a pain in the butt. I don’t need an award for winning a hand with a pair of tens. Is there a way I can turn these off?

1 Like

go to your settings , then notifications and un check the boxes … then click on update

dumb dumb and dumber, total gimmick probably gonna play somewhere else

dont seem to be havein any more freezing problems…but could someone tell me what is the purpose of these acheivments and the points? think i missed the briefing…:slight_smile: