Lets Talk MTT Timers

In almost 1,000 reviews of this site in the Google Chrome store, the most common complaint is “not enough time on the clock.”

I would love to see a time bank added! A lot of time when I’m in a tourney and the blinds are high there are some hands I’m dealt and end up folding simply because I didn’t have enough time to think things though. It’s so annoying when you fold a hand then a set , straight or flush hits the board that you would have won. I really hope a time bank is added soon.

that actually sounds like a great idea, as you already said you can’t abuse the time that way but are still able to use it when needed.
i like it.

bump

Can u see it now @Craig_Anthony

bump

I think a time bank would be a good idea.

I hope craig finds this now, and others…
I’m all for have’n time when you need it, just not more to just waste.
In general … timers would be faster, yet as need’d you’d have more time.

And synchronized “ding” for both timers for players playing multiple tables, but a “beep” is necessary to tell players its thier turn. This is why some ppl lagg, they don’t know its even thier turn till it “dings” then they scramble to make a play, when playing multiple tables.

Anyone finding this , please read the original post…

I saw that you were bumping this in hopes that players would see it , so thought I would help you out since it is a good idea.

Sarah - agreed, I think this is a great idea. I saw your suggestion in another thread to adjust the noise alert to be at the start of a player’s turn instead of as a final warning. I specifically brought it up at our last meeting and it seemed to get a supportive response. It was in the post-meeting notes as a follow up item and I’m hoping it is implemented in the future as I think it would solve a lot of issues.

I also know the time bank has been discussed in the past. I’ll make a point to bring it up the next time we meet as well. Thanks again for bumping the thread and keeping the discussion going on this!!

Flyfry,
There should be both a “its your turn” beep, and a “almost outta time” ding , or something even like… flash the window if not the active window… the bank, staff already knows my suggestion…

but the outta time ding, should be same time length… fast or slow table…
( and tks Sharon )

Sure, makes sense! I’m not going to pretend to know how much more difficult it would be (if at all) to program the window to flash than adding another beep. I’m open to either; just need to add in some type of notification when the turn starts.

I know personally - when playing multiple tables - the beep is JUST early enough to get me to pay attention, but I’m often too slow to do what I want to do. Who knows, maybe I’m just slow…

Exactly, but if it was on either type timer, you’d always know 1 sound means the same thing. Sometimes the two tables are different timers, both should be same time left…

or maybe it’s like the seat belt indicators in a lot of cars… starts out slow and speeds up until the time is out.

ohh god , plz noooo

would be torture for anyone playing more than 2 tables haha

Because Full-TIlt was a download, 4 tables there was doable… here just in browser, 3 is a bit much even for me, but the biggest problem is I never know when its my turn till its too late… can’t be more than a couple lines of code 5 max, but in the right place…

Plus the people that play the Regionals, normally have to play 2 @ same time.

60 seconds for Omaha Hi / Lo , please :slight_smile:

I try 3 every once in a while, but like I said before, I’m just too slow :persevere: