Less than 500 chips for topup

I find being left with a small amount of chips just above 500, which means I cannot top-up, is rather frustrating and tedious…I generally have to go to small stakes cash game (I really only like playing tournaments) and try to lose!
Then when I finally get below 500 I can top-up again 2500 chips and play a tournament…
Is this aggravating and frustrating system designed to make people think ‘oh to hell with it! I will buy $5 worth of chips!’?
I have bought chips in the past a few times…but I am not serious enough about play money to consider spending money on it regularly…

I think Replay is very generous letting players top-up once chips are below 500 , and you get to do that many times in a day . Other sites I have tried you get one top-up a day , good luck on the tables .

5 Likes

Nothing to do with my main point…but thx anyway

Then what you’re saying actually becomes a moot point so I don’t get the reason for the thread.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Try play the freeroll games.

1 Like

My point is the way in which you are forced to play a cash game and essentially lose to be able to topup again…how is it a ‘moot point’?
The reply from ‘SharonSmarty’ seemed to totally ignore this which was infact the main point of my initial post…
:unamused:

Then build your bankroll and don’t worry about topping up.

1 Like

I actually didn’t ignore your main point . Replay gives 2.5 k everyday just for logging in , and then when you get below 500 chips you get to top up many times during the day , so how can you say that they designed this to get players to buy chips . Many people started here with just the 2.5 starting chips without buying any and have build up their bankroll ( including me ) so it can be done .

2 Likes

I said I play tournaments…pay attention…thanks
The minimum buyin for a tournament is 2.5k (or a freeroll which are few and far between with low prizes)

I think you just like trying to sound superior but you are totally missing my point and need to THINK a bit

I think you’re missing the point. Sharon took the time to answer your question to help you, and you respond with rudeness. Trying to sound superior? Pathetic, just pathetic.

I’m a tournament player too, and it was frustrating to build a deep enough bank to comfortably play the games I wanted to play. I took advantage of the first time chip buying discount and spent $20, which got me something like 600k chips. That was about 7 years ago, and was the only time I bought chips.

Maybe you should do the same? I think $20 to avoid a lot of the frustration is a good spend, and it helps the site stay alive.

If you can’t afford $20, that’s fine, but you will have to claw your way up within the system as it is.

By the way, there are SnGs down to 500 buyin.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Sharon took the time to point out the bleedin obvious talking down to me like I am somehow clueless about the chip system.
Thats what Sharon took the time out to do…

and thats me out of this ‘forum’
good luck being condescending to someone else

5 Likes