Late Registration Limit

Agree.
It is sometimes an advantage, which is why we see so much of it, especially in the fixed reward tourneys such as ticket tourneys and guaranteed minimum purses.
Sometimes the 5k ticket tourneys start with 18 people and end with 50-60.
Its not a huge problem but it is a fairness issue and could be easily fixed.

I think one of the things they could maybe consider doing is add a # of seats limit as well as a time limit for late reg.

Like, if a MTT accepts late reg, allow it for N minutes or X new players, where X is some function based on the initial number of players at the start time. Whether that be 1.5, 2, or some other number. I think a MTT growing to 200% its original size is probably plenty, although we often see that exceeded, as you say.

I don’t really mind all the fresh chips entering the tournament, but on the other hand in the guaranteed 1M format, adding more players dilutes the pool by creating more money finishes. When it starts out, you have maybe the top 5 collecting 400K, 240K, 120K, 80K, or whatever, but by the time 40 have signed up, the money finishes have expanded to the top 10, with that 1M pool split 10-ways now, instead of 5. So from the perspective of the eventual winner, that is annoying that all the late entrants diluted their 1st place winnings, while making their odds of winning harder.

Really, I think the tournament prize pool should add chips when they add prizewinning places, rather than demote and dilute the prize sizes as the tournament swells up during the late reg time.

I think people are too easily annoyed.

The river annoys me, can we eliminate it? Thanks.

(Read this fast. I think some Snapchat code has invaded my keyboard. Many of my posts are vanishing shortly after I type them)

5 minutes would be a reasonable compromise between possible abuse and convenience.

3, 2, 1…

Sounds fair to me

1 Like

Those starting on time start at the average chip count. Those starting late should get enough extra chips to bring them to the current average.

1 Like

Well, Replay is recreating the tournament poker experience without money and in tournament poker people get to enter late…

You gonna make up rules how about if you get knocked out in the first 5 minutes you automatically get enough chips to put you in first place ):

4 Likes

So why can’t players register on time? Registration opens 3 hours prior to its start time, you all know everyday when favorite tournament starts.

It is just a leisure activity. I don’t know what time I will get home from work at night, I don’t know what other matters I will have to take care of when I get home. If I have time to play some poker, then I want to start right away and not waste time waiting for a game to start. If there is no tournament available right now, sometimes I will sign up for a sit’n’go.

Sometimes I will just play the first hour of a tournament and then just play for fun and usually bust out at that point. Sometimes I have the time on my hands for the second or third hour and really try hard to win.

Bottom line, it is just a leisure activity and there is no real cost to anyone if players come in late. If it was a live tournament and the organizers has to know how many tables to prepare, how many dealers to call in, and so on, of course it would be different. But it isn’t.

Yes, if you are down to your last thousand chips, a new player coming in will have a bigger stack than you. On the other hand, if you start early you have a chance to double up before the latecomers even come on the scene.

3 Likes

No, because late entries also forfeit the returns from the pots they might have won. If you pay 25000 chips to enter a tourney, you should get a fixed number of chips for that price. If you start late, you are already at a disadvantage since your stack represents less big blinds that it would have if you started at the beginning.

If you start with 5000 chips and still have only 5000 chips after 25 hands, you are struggling to break even and stay afloat and while this does not spell disaster, it is not an advantageous position either.

6 Likes

BLUEDIME
I never liked It. Game start with 45 players then after 15 minuets, the players total 128 players. The late players hope for large numbers of bust out, and easy chance to make the pay cut…………
…………BLUEDAME

1 Like

It’s in Replay’s best interest to allow for as little “down time” as possible for players who prefer tournaments to ring games. New tournaments start every fifteen minutes, with few (if any) exceptions. Since the site wouldn’t want a player to join a minute after the last set of tournaments began and sit idle for the next 14 minutes, they should allow late registration until the next set of tournaments begins 15 minutes later.

When it comes to guaranteed prize pool tournaments, generally the concern is overblown. This is only an issue for freerolls, and/or if there are very few initial registrants. For other tournaments, as the number of players increases, often the guarantee will become moot, with the prize pool generated by the entry fees swamping the initial guarantee.

1 Like

If you need extra time; sign up for a 18 seater SnG. They usually take longer to fill than they do to play. Even then there are a few who snort from their slumber only to realize it over.

So what you’re saying is that the majority of the players on the site use this feature. Great argument for not changing it, thanks!

4 Likes

I think once players are seated at a table they should be playing,not sitting out for almost 15 min.
I they don’t play after 5 irst round is over they should be booted…I don’t like su=itting sometimes for 5 minutes or so and no one there to play the game!

after 5 minutes or the first round is over*

It’s very easy to edit once comments before hitting the ‘enter’ button, and it is also possible to repair them afterward… "Sitting Out’, btw, is a common strategy at some tourneys here because of all of the nonsense that goes on with the “all-In” Bettors dominating the nonsense early on in these tourneys… If you have ‘clock issues’ you may also have ‘blood pressure’ issues, and maybe ought to get that checked… … Bless… :>)) …

yall still whining about this…acceptance is the answer

I think you might have misunderstood what I was trying to say :). I’m saying sitting at a table where everyone else is sitting out and basically I am play alone…it is very disappointing not having an opponent.
Bless

I happen to like playing with myself.

edited to add: I mean, not having an opponent at the table!

6 Likes

Early registration is usually the problem here. People register early and don’t make it to the table right away when the tournament begins. When I register late, I go straight to the table. That being said, I love it when the whole table is sitting out and I can collect a bunch of blinds before anyone joins. Eventually people show up, are eliminated or you get moved. Might as well get some chips off them with no risk to you.

3 Likes