Joy of poker

So, this last weekend the Senior Poker Tour came to Tunica…$360 to enter which was a little more than I like to pay but they had a $55 satellite on Friday so I set my alarm clock and got to Tunica at 9am for the satellite which was a hoot…not many chips and short blind levels and people who raised UTG w/j8 off…anyway after about 3 and a half hours we are down to 7 players with 6 getting entries to the tournament and 50 dollars when the short stack suggests chopping. The tournament director says he cannot chop the seats and I say well everybody take a seat and give the short stack the $350 …expecting the big stack to say no as he had half the chips on the table. Chip leader is a lucky old man who does not understand and the TD explains it to him and surprise … he agrees…so when he gets his entry he asks for his 350$ and the TD explains he does not get an entry and 350$ which irritates him lol…

The next morning I arrive at 11am register and get my 25000 chips…early on I hit a good hand and move up to around 33000 chips and spend several hours fluctuating between 28000 and 33000 chips…We are playing 45 minute blind levels with a reasonable structure.

I go dry and by 7 pm the blinds are 400/800 and I have less than my starting stack of 25000 chips…the blinds go 800/1600 and I am getting desperate. The gentleman on my left raises to 3200 and I shove with kq…and he shows jj catch a q on the river to double up. I muck a few hands and look down at jj and shove. The guy to my left goes all in and turns over a pair of nines and I double again.

I now have over 100k and we are nearing the end of the day…I bag 106000 and go home.

Sunday I arrive at 11am and unbag my chips. 260 players and 58 are left. I have 40 big blinds and am chip average. Blinds are 1500/3000. My first hand is AK and with my usual aplomb I take it down…and for over an hour I maintain chip average as the short stacks get taken out. I am in the big blind folded to the button who takes his stack of 1000 chips (probably 15 and pushes them out…small blind folds and I look down at my hand…AA and croak “all in”…and he turns over QQ…we are down to 46 players with the money starting at 27 players and I have visions of sugar plums dancing in my eyes…until he flops one of the two queens in the deck…ah, the joy of poker…

5 Likes

OUCH! It happens, but it hurts. At least you got a great story out of it. Good luck next time.

2 Likes

Congratulations County.

You had a very good run. I bet next time you cash.

wtg

Seville

ouch, nasty beat in the end but it looks like u played well (i assume you were in LP with the KQ?)