Installing Replay Poker

Hi all. Just wondering, there is a small icon in my browser search bar that says Install Replay Poker when I hold the cursor over it, are there any benefits or advantages to installing it? I assume it would be similar to Skype for desktop or Discord for desktop, a separate desktop client to the browser version.

I’m really surprised there’s any kind of install option, except when you install an ap on your phone. I am searching to site to see if this is something that hasn’t been talked about before. One reason I appreciated Replay Poker right from the start was the fact that there was no installation required. We’re skittish in my house about installing programs on our computers. I am sure you understand why. But I did install the ap on my smart phone when the option was offered recently, and I love it.

3 Likes

Here’s a page that provides instructions for using various browsers to access Replay Poker. This page emphasizes that this is a browser-based game, so I really don’t think there’s anything to install.

1 Like

I see it too on the far right of the search bar. Its shaped like a monitor with a down arrow on the right corner. Its next to the share and bookmark icons. I am using chrome if that would matter.
When you click on it, it asks “install app forums.replaypoker.com”.

2 Likes

I see it all the time and I stay completely away from it. Don’t know if it’s a Replay thing or a Browser thing but I’m not downloading anything. I use Microsoft Edge for my browser on my windows computers.

2 Likes

Its only in the search bar on the forum page, not on the dashboard page. If I had to guess I would think it had something to do with notifications. If it seen on chrome and edge than it may be a site option.

I have it on the main dashboard page when I log in . It’s not a pop up . Edge Browser.

1 Like

Yes i have it also on Chrome.

Screenshot 2023-01-19 061513

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I see as well, yes.

1 Like

Interesting. It only shows here on the Forums, but not on the actual poker site itself.

1 Like

Thanks, I only use a desktop or laptop, nothing mobile-wise, so that’s why I wondered about the install.

1 Like

I have to accept all third party cookies to make it go away and it doesn’t show up on mobile at all.

I use the app on my Android cell phone. It works okay except that you can’t participate in chat. I use it for nearly all my play. You have to turn the phone sideways to play.

1 Like

Final FYI–Here’s the Getting Started help page and a clip from that page:
https://www.replaypoker.com/help

This screen clip reiterates that there’s nothing to download. (Now I’m guilty of beating a dead horse, right?!)

Ok thanks, I will leave it be. Appreciate the replies.

1 Like

as far as i know there is no install unless you’re talking about on your phone

No, I probably should have stated that earlier, desktop only.

1 Like

I’d like to play on my phone but there’s no app for iPhone. I just use it to post in the forums.

It is easy to play Replay Poker on an iphone, I do it all the time when I am in Spain. Just type in the URL and save it to favourites.

1 Like

Doesn’t work for me on an iPhone. You must be talking about an iPad