Infinite Pool of Amazing Quotes for Specific Situation

We already have a thread “Quote of the Day.” This is different. If you provide a quote, you must also give a context for using the quote. See what comes up!

An example: When you’re trying to lighten the mood after a fight with your spouse/best friend/parent: “I know I’m a handful but that’s why you got two hands.”

3 Likes

When someone tries to get you to commit to making an emotional scene about an issue that is nothing but meaningless virtue signaling…

“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.”

4 Likes

When I’m thinking about what I’m doing with the money I MIGHT win from hitting the lottery.

“Don’t count your chickens before they hatch “

2 Likes

A greeting to a chat room, game or video conference:

“Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends, we’re so glad you could attend…come inside, come inside…the shows about to start!..see the show…” ( Emerson, Lake & Palmer)

3 Likes

You will have to read the great history of Australia called The Fatal Shore to get the full story, but anyway it explains how a team of eighteenth century Hawaiian chefs came up with the famous phrase while stirring a pot of soup on Valentines Day 1779, shortly after the unfortunate demise of British explorer Captain James Cook.

“Too many Cooks spoil the broth.”

2 Likes

Good one!

The original!

I’ve heard that Mark Twain said “If you don’t read newspapers, you’re uninformed; if you do read newspapers, you’re misinformed. You pays your nickel and takes your chances like everyone else.”

2 Likes

When Britain finally ends lockdown and lets people go to lunch at the neighbour’s house.

“Britannia waives the rules!”

4 Likes

Answer to: Where are you going?

"I’m traveling down the road and I’m…FLIRTIN’ WITH DISATER…"strong text

My friends & road “Brothers”, Dave Hlubek & Danny Joe Brown (RIP)…Molly Hatchet, kind of my life style…

3 Likes

Way to end a chat conference:

“And out comes the man from mars.
And you try to run but he’s got a gun.
And he shoots you dead and he eats your head.
And then you’re in the man from mars.” (Blondie)
“Have a Good Game & Good Luck…C U @ the tables”

The DARK side of the MOON…rofl (see profile page for animated avatar)

Man eater

2 Likes

Words of inspiration to someone with their head down:

Chin up

5 Likes

Your Pocket Aces, just got crushed by runner/runner KQ for 2 pair:

“The world is full of Kings and Queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams…it’s Heaven and Hell” (Ronnie James Dio, Black Sabbath)

Dancing Skeleton

4 Likes

Nice one MacGuru. :wink:

1 Like

Answer to your significant other:

“…you can leave your hat on…”

Joe Cocker - You Can Leave Your Hat On (Official Video) HD …

Rebel

1 Like

Question for after dinner:

“Would you like some pie?”

pie

1 Like

The evil & the darkness of the MOONMAN…comes alive…

“Hello darkness, my old friend, I’ve come to talk with you again…whispering in the Sound of Silence…”

Pyramid3

No one can get a mood on like Joe Cocker. And Lucille Ball as a kicker - nice.

1 Like

when you get a really bad beat your pocket kings to a 3 9 off suit full boat
" Well PULL my TAIL "

3 Likes

When someone says something stupid or inappropriate, quote Plato…

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools speak because they have to say something.

5 Likes