Increase Late Registration

what is hard to understand that some players don’t want late registration at all?

This is basically my argument in a nutshell

not understand that some of us don’t want late registration at all . what you saying is we still have to deal with it.

There are good reasons for no late registration and for late registration.
There is a lot of talk on this old Thread. Late Registration: What are the pros and cons?

mark

2 Likes

I think having variety is nice. I agree that both are good. In addition to those two options, having some tournaments where re-buying during the late registration fee can be a fun variant as well.

5 Likes

There are no good reasons to have any late registration …late for “work, school, med appointments, dinner reservations and a hundred other things including poker” these do not have a “or when ever ya show up” statement for a good reason. Be on time…seams pretty simple…

4 Likes

LOL, that seems like a fairly polarized position. I think having some tournaments without the possibility of late registration is great. But I can think of some obvious perks to having late registration available, also.

• you get more people in the tournament
  • lots of people like it, and the site is here to provide things people like

By the way, I really don’t care for bagels, and thought I’d also point out that there are really no good reasons to have bagels in the world.

5 Likes

Not sure what this has to do with bagels some like them with cream cheese…in any case my position is sound and proven…

1 Like

More chips for late reg? Uh no…no way. Imagine what that would do to the average tourny? Everyone would show up late. Not cool.

3 Likes

LOL

2 Likes

time limit is set be prompt is my way
leave well alone be on time

3 Likes

YUP!

1 Like

The people who want late registration are the type of people that think the world revolves around THEM.
News flash: It DOESN’T.
Join on time, or you don’t play. Real simple.

3 Likes

I join early or late - No problem. Usually lil later… I consider the end of Registration as the beginning of the game with it being in full swing. Full stop… Players that start earlier are just that… Starting early with lower blinds-antes and all weaker players ready to learn about Poker and the true value of their hand in Tournament play. All good 2Me… Good cards n fun 2All…

2 Likes

Recreational players generally register earlier for tournaments than regulars. This means that by registering early, you generally get to play deeper-stacked poker against worse players, on average.

The later you register, the stronger the field is likely to be because many of the weaker players will have busted already. So, registering early allows you to play against softer competition, which is important if your ROI isn’t particularly high.

2 Likes

The beginning of the game is when it starts… Period!..That concept is not difficult to conceive.

2 Likes

True it is the beginning… and a while til the end… I agree.

2 Likes

Correct, starting early gives you the highest ROI. However, you can still have a positive ROI by registering later, just not as high, but it is still better than nothing. This is why I don’t understand why people hate people registering late because they enter at a disadvantage and you have the advantage of registering early. You are rewarded for being on time by getting more hands to play and people who register later still have the option to play.

This would make “late” the new “on time,” and everyone would be happy.

1 Like

I digress :wink: