If you could only play with opponents better than you

Hi Fozman,

I truly appreciate you taking the trouble to point me to these posts and prioritize them.

Can’t promise I’ll make a beeline for them at this minute. Engulfed in long days and nights of work and research. In dire need of non-stupid entertainment, and poker serves the purpose. But turning ipoker into yet another object of study will have to wait for a while, until I free up a few neurons in my tired old brain.

Anyway, again, thank you so much. Wishing you luck & success at the tables.

3 Likes

Thanks Fozman for plug and glad to hear of it’s usefulness in people growing!

2 Likes

I’d also mention that there are now countless YouTube pieces by strong players about all aspects of poker, from material very much aimed at beginners, to very advanced material, and so even if you don’t feel like reading books about poker, you can really get some nice tips just investing 5 or 10 minutes a week. It’s a lot easier to find good information about the game than it used to be.

3 Likes

Thank you Yorunoame. Very true, even if I want to say: people, read books! I’m a writer, that’s my bread & butter, so…:wink: But of course videos are great.
My problem at this point is more like, where can I find a poker website that does not give me a splitting headache in 10 minutes flat? Cause the new design, along with some rookie development glitches and ergonomy issues, is chasing me off the tables. An absolute pity, I have friends here. Guess I’ll just have to wait it out.

1 Like

LOL, he must not have read all the rules and advice here on RP!
10-2 is a must fold pre-flop, or you don’t understand poker I’ve been told…

That is a really nice answer. :clap: :clap:
(Only just noticed that you said it a month ago!) :rofl: