I would love to be able to give chips to friends in need

Make it a once or maybe twice per player limit and also limit the amount of the donation to avoid controversy. I have managed to do well playing heads up with friends in the past, but I was surprised to read in the rules where my success could have been mistaken for collusion. This would eliminate any confusion.

2 Likes

This would violate the spirit of the game…poker is fundamentally about greed and selfishness…this to the extent that deception is lauded, especially when successful.

I like that idea, moe…would like for friends to give me chips…lol just kidding , have a few people I would like to donate to.

and I hope one of them is me !!!

all I can say to this is, yes dear .

lol Harley… I never even see you in any games. What do you need chips for .

to go with my fish

yes it would be nice to be able to help friend in need…dont take much and some of us could drop real fast then it can be a pain to get back to the level of your buddies who dont wanna play for pocket change…of course you can always purchase for some one… but i’m way to cheap myself for that.:grin:

Common among poker players…

Hey @moeron – just wanted to follow up with you on this! We discussed this idea this morning, and it’s something we’re considering implementing. We need to evaluate this extensively (think about what limits we need to put on it, like a daily limit, etc.) to ensure we get it right if we go forward with it. Thanks for the suggestion!

3 Likes

Maybe a reasonable solution would be for ReplayPoker to “tax” donations to other players with a significant chip rake percentage fee, like 25-50% of the amount donated. There has been a lot chip inflation over time. Allowing such raked donations might also help with stabilization chip economy.

What would stop someone from making a bunch pf accounts, say from work or on a non-static IP, or free VPN, logging in every day to collect the bonus, then transferring it all to their main account?

10 dummy accounts would get over 9 million chips in a year, worth about $250 USD. That’s not a lot by US standards, but the average annual income in places like India is about $1,000 USD. But why stop there? Why not 20 or 30 or 100 accounts? Would people actually do this? Ummm, yes, they would,

And sure, you could devote dev resources to finding a way to stop this kind of account scamming, but you could also use those resources to finish stuff you promised over a year ago, like private tables. Or use the resources to roll out the new games you promised. Or use them to finish your HTML5 project, or… well, SOMETHING that will help the site moving forward.

I’m not against the idea, it’s just that I would like to see something actually finished instead of finding some more stuff to start.

there should be an option where you can pay 50,000 chips and pick 1 cuss word to be able to say in chat without the asterisks

What if you made it a one-time transaction from a player to a specific
player and put a pre-determined limit on it. Aside from a very fortuitous
result playing heads-up, I have earned nearly all of my bank here just
grinding out tournaments, and I treat my chips with respect, for the most
part, as though it was the real money that it represents to me. Hard
earned. After all, I do put in the time and effort. And since it is
“earned” or won by me I feel like I should be able to Bless a friend in
need if I so choose. Are unscrupulous folks going to try and scam the site?
Maybe. That’s not my issue to address, though, so I’ll not speculate on
that subject. Thanks again. - Bruce

1 Like

If i may , non-static IPs can still be locked to the main device or in the general area , their is a clone
code that can detect this , general area meaning within a few miles,

__IM WITH MOE!!emphasized text
SO IS RALPHIE!!

TOTALLY AGREE- AND WOULD APPRECIATE BEING GIVEN THE OPTION!!
CHIPS COME AND GO!!
ITS ALL ABOUT THE CHALLENGE TO ME AND MY BOY RALPHIE!!

WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND!!

TOM
RALPHIES FRIEND

1 Like

Bravo!!! Im in total agreement.

1 Like

RALPHIE LIKES DOGS IDEA ALSO!!!

HE FEELS ANIMALS SHOULD STICK TOGETHER!!!

TOM
RALPIES SECRETARY

1 Like

Yep. What Tom said. Exactly.

Thought Replay was in the business of selling chips??? Not fair to those of us that buy in my opinion,just saying