I would like to see a general chat on the main/home page for socializing

I would like to see a general chat on the main/home page for socializing

3 Likes

Hi miller49ers,

This is a good idea. It’s not the first time this request have been made. I will raise it to the team. The only issue I can see would be about the language. Do you reckon every language should be allowed in this chat ?

Thanks for your feedbacks, Shake

1 Like

what needs to happen to improve the social aspect is for people to start talking lol.
most times you can’t even get a ty or yw and i know lots of folks play on phones …but the remedy for that is a simple emote from replay!

Don’t forget many are banned from chat and can’t do text or emojis if that ever happens.

1 Like

Very true, but may be a great deterrent for folk’s not to get banned from chat.

Great idea @miller49ers! However, I would think it would have to be on a delayed timeframe to prevent any possible collusion during the games. If not would have to be monitored constantly.

I think the opposite is actually true. If players are colluding on a public RP chat platform RP, MODS & community have a much better ability to police and monitor.

If players want to cheat they can easily do it in complete private - Skype, Zoom, Discord - where RP & the community has no ability to police and monitor it!

I’ve played on many platforms where I used live voice chat in groups with friends. You would be surprised that most people are not looking to cheat & collude, but there is always a few bad apples unfortunately.

1 Like

how about just socializing at the table lol

4 Likes

That sounds great ! Enough with all the gimmick s.

1 Like

I’m not sure that adding a live chat feature will help alleviate the lagging and freezing problems on the tables. As DogsOfWar mentioned above, there’s always Skype and Discord for chatting, the game has chat enabled anyway, so I don’t think we need one on the main site pages itself.

2 Likes

Enough with the gimmicks. We already have chat function. This is just something to get around the players who are banned from chat.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I agree! lol

I do think adding live chat rooms would increase players engagement on the site in general, but the #1 priority should be fixing the lag and freezing issues.

We are coming up on the 1 year anniversary for the “Site Freezing Regularly” thread! Maybe its just time to accept reality and focus on adding more bells whistles and gimmicks?

2 Likes

I agree. Chat isn’t going to improve the issues.

2 Likes

I agree also, unless Chat is part of the the problem, causing the issues.

1 Like

I need this chat not. But: Replay has not only one tech-team. They can search problems and do other things at same time. Replay made the “New Look” in times of hardest freezes.

1 Like