I see people in ring games

who go “grey” and maintain their seat at the table…how do they do that?

They click the little box on the bottom right corner that says, “Sit out next game.” If allows you to take a short break and come back to your game without losing your chair. Good luck on the tables. Cindy (Cyn51)

5 Likes

In addition to what @CYN51 said I just also wanted to say that after 6 minutes of Inactivity in a ring game (Sitting out) players will be removed from the game to make room for other players.

-Marc

3 Likes

also didn’t knew the actual time. nice inforation :slight_smile:

1 Like

my box says “sit out next hand”

1 Like

I stand corrected. It is “sit out next hand.” My apologies.

Also happens automatically if you dont play a hand

Does anyone agree with me on the following ? I often see players remain seated at a table but there status is " away" They occupy their seat for a long time without returning. Should they be evicted after, say 5 minutes absence, thereby allowing players that are waiting to join the table being seated ?

Hi Mickfin

Yes - i mainly play ring games. I just think it’s very selfish of players that do this sort of thing. It’s one of the very few things that irritates me on this site. Generally, it’s a good fun site. I have trouble playing just one game at a time !

My understanding is that in ring games, players are allowed 6 minutes “away” for rest breaks, getting a coffee, or cooking dinner, etc. After 6 minutes have passed, they are banished to the gallery and the next player in line gets the seat. Someone more knowledgeable might correct this if I’m inaccurate.

3 Likes

Does anyone agree with me on the following ? I often see players remain seated at a table but there status is " away" They occupy their seat for a long time without returning. Should they be evicted after, say 5 minutes absence, thereby allowing players that are waiting to join the table being seated ?

WSOP rules say that the set is reserved as long as chips remain for MTT play. Their seat. Their chips… a parking fee if you will.

So I assume you are asking about Ring Games…
For Ring Game Play… hummm … Then what to do about the players who routinely play 6 tables and keep other players off …

Yes! This is correct. We detail this in our Help Center as well:

“Once you are playing in a ring game, you can be dealt in every hand and be asked to post blinds as the button moves around the table. If you need a break for a few minutes, but do not want to leave permanently, you can click on the ‘Sit Out’ option. This will hold your seat, but you will not post blinds or receive cards until you click the 'I’m Back ’ option. If you missed a big blind while you were sitting out, (usually this will have happened when the button moved past you), you will be asked to post a big blind again before being dealt any cards. You can post the big blind or choose to wait for your seat to be in the big blind position before playing again. After 6 minutes of inactivity in a ring game, you will be removed from the table to free up your seat for other players.”

4 Likes

Many thanks for all the replies and information. I appreciate it. ( yeti )

1 Like

Hmm…my experience is, I have to hurry as it is to go make myself a drink and pee in order to not be booted.
I’ve even been booted when there were open seats.