I quit smoking

Well done! Keep going! Two years and 3 months here =)

2 Likes

I’m trying to quit smoking

2 Likes

Seriously Harley!! I can help you with getting off the analogs. I tried everything, you name it, to get off the stinky cigs and failed time after time. Only after I tried vaping and worked out what worked for me was I finally able to leave the stinky cigs loaded with poisons behind. The benefit? Leaving 3,999 poisons behind and still getting the “feel” of smoking along with the nicotine I “need”. Other benefits? I don’t stink any more; I vape EVERYWHERE; I don’t freeze my butt off getting my “fix” every winter day; I’m saving 75% what I was spending on my cig habit AND my doctors are alright with it.

When I share that my doctors are alright with it I need to tell you more. 5 years ago I experienced a MASSIVE heart attack. Turned out it was a classic “widow maker”. Frankly, I was lucky to have survived the experience. Over three (3) days I had experienced multiple, brief, “pain events” that didn’t alert me to the real problem. Even when it became critical and my wife was driving as a crazy woman to the hospital, I was SMOKING another cigarette!!

I was LUCKY. Our local hospital is terrific and literally saved my life despite my ignorance. I’m blessed. Despite having lost over HALF my heart function from that event, I’ve regained it back. I no longer smoke those nasty, expensive, disgusting cigs. I no longer feel embarrassed about my addiction because my addiction isn’t actually detrimental to my health. I’ve found a better way to, for the time being, address it.

I’m getting my nicotine, throat, lung, “fix” without the problems that cigs deliver. I haven’t smoked since and I’m really healthier overall. I’m not going to get all that COPD, bad lungs issues and my life expectancy is comparable to those that never smoked.

I share this because I’m passionate that there really is an answer to those cig addicts that want and haven’t found a way away from cigs. If you’ve tried patches, cold turkey, nicorette, hypnotism or anything else and still are smoking then I offer this as a solution and my guidance along the way.

Do it for yourself and those you love. I’m here to help, just ask.
Peace,
Ron

2 Likes
1 Like

hahaha great :rofl:

2 Likes

Ron thankyou very much for your advice and your great support, I am trying to get my mind set , its going to be hard hard hard, but with friends like yourself, that offer support, and wizzdom its gives more urge to stop, thankyou again, Mark. aka (harley57) lol.

2 Likes

Last New Years Eve a friend of mine and his wife resolved to quit smoking. They agreed that they would only smoke after sex. Well, I saw him the other day and asked how it was going. He replied “Its going great. I haven’t touched a cigarette in months and my wife is down to half a pack a day.”

7 Likes

Quit 21 months ago after 55 years. Can tell a difference, feel better, more energy, win win. If I could do it , you can. It’s time to grow up to be the man you want to be.It’s win win !

3 Likes

I quite smoking since 2004, 4th November after smoking during 30 years. I never tried before and I stopped immediately. (with help)

3 Likes

https://www.allencarr.com/free-information/stop-smoking/top-tips-on-how-to-stop-smoking-using-allen-carrs-easyway/ This was the way I stopped smoking. Not on line but personaly, a meeting room with more smokers at Oporto , Portugal. Look if there is some center next you or your city…

2 Likes

that’s great ZZ, i quit too after 35 yrs. and too many tries to count. took me a yr. to feel safe. what worked for me was changing every trigger i had connected to grabbing a cigarette. i.e. no smoking at work so i would auto. grab a cig. at the last signal light because there was just enough time to smoke it before going into work. so i changed my route. going to break and getting coffee AND CIG .so i stopped drinking coffee. NOT taking cigs. with me when i went to sit in the bathroom the one thing that ruined me every time was alcohol. so i quit drinking for a couple of months. you cann’t change them all but it can still make a big difference. good luck.

3 Likes

I quit in 2012 after numerous cardiac arrests and the triple by-pass–Quit smoking,lost weight, cut way back on booze. Now I spend most of my money on gambling and women , What’s left over I waste.

3 Likes

your a clown !

2 Likes

LOL !!!

1 Like

nice

1 Like

3 weeks now :beers:

2 Likes

Keep going !

2 Likes

I read his book and quit.

3 Likes

Great job ZZ Im in the process of doing the same, its been a struggle but I will get there in the end I hope, keep it up m8 and good luck

4 Likes

Good luck to you too. We can do it :metal:

3 Likes