I played on Replay in the future, wrong time on last hands

Today I saw a very nice thing on Replay. I played in the future, says Dashboard:

The Activity-page show the same:

Behind this:
I boot sometime Linux. Linux uses world-time. If I boot then Windows, then my computer-time is one hour behind right time. And then this happens.
I’m sure Replay uses at one place Country-time, and on other place Computer-time. Because this come then this difference. I changed my time not between playing and screenshot, Dashboard showed this seconds after playing.
I need no help from team because this. I must look my Windows must synchronize the time at every start, then is all ok. But it looks like something is not perfect made on Replay.
Maybe this helps, if someone has the same problem.

4 Likes

Hi @Poki65!

Thanks for bringing this up. I reviewed players’ reports and no one else reached out to us for the same issue. If you encounter it again, please let us know. I also sent you a message via email.

2 Likes

If someone want to see / check this, he must change his system time one hour back, play 3 hands, load Dashboard new and look to it.

Nice:

1 Like

Can you tell me, from the future, is the world a better place? And is there any beer for me?

Funny that you mention Linux and Windows and computer clock, I also have Linux and Windows on my PC, I use Windows for gaming and Linux for internet stuff, when I boot Windows after using Linux, the clock is always 1 hour behind, even though the automatic daylight savings is enabled and the timezone is always set the same. But if I shut down Windows and boot it up again, it stays normal. Quite strange, I thought it was just my machine.

The time is set by your IP Address. Sometimes rebooting is required from switching from one to the other .

I see, it’s just strange how the clock in Windows always goes 1 hour back, but not in Linux. You’d think Windows would remember the time…

In future was all the same, Replay had the same issues, and i had good cold bavarian beer here.
Linux changes the UEFI time. The command

timedatectl set-local-rtc 1

changes Linux to use local time. But better read there more. Windows can be changed to use world time too. Synchronize the Windows time after start helps too.
But something is there wrong at Replay too.
World time, local time, system time. Not easy.
And i have on my Windows many Linux, Windows XP, … on Virtual Box. Good and no time problems.
And one Linux alone on other SSD.

I’m back.

2 Likes

Danke Poki.

2 Likes

Hmmm strange world, happens on my phone a lot , not in RP but everything even weather sometimes est & my time of cst

Wow, are you still using Windows XP ? & still receiving support & updates

I think he said on Virtual Box, which is a virtual operating system running in Linux.

1 Like

There is no more security and updates for Windows XP.

Microsoft first released Windows XP on October 25, 2001. Support for this operating system ended on April 8, 2014, which means that they will no longer be providing any updates, patches, or further software security.

1 Like

I was still using Windows XP until the recent updates (you remember the one which caused a lot of glitches) a few months ago. Now I’m unable to see the Replay screen. I can still login after clearing my cache and history but then I see a blacked out screen. Strange after I login, it still updates the daily free chips.

And, yes I no longer receive support or updates from Microsoft.

1 Like

Remember well, They also stopped support on my wife’s PC using windows 8.1 as of Jan 2023. In a way, I sure miss regular old DOS, lol