HTML5 Table Feedback

Yeah, I’ll keep it open, but doesn’t look like it is going to restart anytime soon. :frowning:

1 Like

Looks like they ended the tournament as is. I got paid and went to the table to say something and it said the table was closed. I didn’t really expect it to restart, so that seems fair. Glad to be able to find and fix issues like this in testing.

2 Likes

Replay handled this well and paid us both 1st place… thanks Rob (ChasetheRiver)

1 Like

YES! Wisely done. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Time to geek it up here folks…
After latest release notes, I check’d and table default,
still far too big on laptop and win 10. I was so bumbed.

While I know that this update is for PC/Laptop users more than for mobile, many of us do use tablets and I bet some wish thier phone worked better.

When my PC got sick (still is), I got a cheap tablet just so I could play RTC and honor my commitment to my team. Found a killer deal on a Laptop couple months later, but playing here with it, gave me a headache, so I stuck with the tablet for now. I basically have 2 platforms, neither work really on the beta tables for 1 reason…
Default table size, because Flash/beta , PC/Lap/Tab , all become Fuzzy when resized. In some cases Im not allowed to resize the table, its locked in fullscreen.

Its not a browser issue if all become HTML5 compliant… its a screen resolution/screen size/aspect ratio … problem. Users that use deticated graphics, always have poorer resolutions… same computer, same browser. Users with gaming PCs/Laptops always have better resolutions… same computer, same browser. Almost all Tablets/Phones have better resolutions than laptops, but much smaller screensize.

If a PC user changes resolution from 1024x768 to 1280x1024 or to 1600x1200 we all know what happens… All thier icons on desktop get Smaller. Instantly any table on Replay also gets smaller. ( same computer, same browser ) It would be impossible to ask all users to chg thier computers’s resolution just to play here @ Replay. Also 1 thing your browser does tell Replay, is if its PC version or Mobile version. Chrome might be an approved browser, but not if its Chrome mobile… I bet. I also know for mobile, you have an option to display as if you were on a PC, and it makes a huge difference.

Font sizes below a certain point are unreadable, so I understand how critical it is with a deafult pixel size for table as to what size text is used to be readable. I also know that players with bad eyesight have always wanted bigger everything basically.

As Grapevine said above, things that disrupt play are bad. So, having to resize a table everytime you get rebabalced, or everytime you play a new table is very disruptive, and over time it just makes ppl wanna find a different site if its that difficult.

I have a very innovative and forward thinking solution to this problem. It addresses older computers, current computers, future computers, both mobile and PC…

In Profile settings, both PC/mobile, simply allow users to supply a recomended resolution and screen size, perhaps from a dropdown list of choices. From there, from 1 of a few templates, users get an appropriate default size for the table. Not only does this encorporate users with older PCs, but also PCs that aren’t built yet. It allows users with bad eyesight to actually get bigger tables, just by lie’n in profile settings.

In order to multi-table, many online poker players do this, the table can’t be bigger than 60%x60% of your total desktop. In order to play on your phone, the table needs to open fullscreen. This addresses both situations. It adds future flexibility aswell, because overall resolutions don’t chg as much as browser versions.

My PC was WinXP, Firefox, 19" monitor, and res of 1280x1024… beta tables didnt exsist, and I was a very happy camper. Easily I had room on my desktop for 6 tables.
My Laptop is Win10, Firefox, 15.6" screen, and res of 1366x768, gives me a headache on Flash tables, and worse on beta tables.
My Tablet is Android, Puffin, 10.1" screen, and a res of 1280x800… Flash tables are crisp and clear (default size), beta tables open full screen causing major problems. ( also happens on Chrome )

Now sure, if you’re on a 5" phone you prolly want it fullscreen at 1 extreme, at the other end you have Desktop PC gaming rigs, running insane resolution that need bigger tables just to be readable. In the middle are Pc/Laptops with only deticated graphics and larger tablets such as mine.

The market is saturated with cheap laptops and tablets, ignoring them now, will cost 3x more to integrate in later on. So a system like Im describe’n, doesn’t detect what a user has, it uses supplied data, to give that user the best option for them. So a player could be using a 17" monitor with 1024x768 res, but tell Replay for PC use 1280x1024 and still the 17" monitor. The end result would be a bigger table, than if they told the truth. Not only am I trying to save development costs in the long run, I’m saying trend to users using profile settings alot more effectively.

I can say 100%, the new default size of tables (beta) using firefox and my laptop, only decreased by ~20 pixels, when a current flash table ( thats kinda too big already ) opens ~100 pixels smaller vertically. Thats the crucial dimension, not side-side.
Sassy

1 Like

Many Thanks everyone for all the feedback and comments on the HTML 5 tables and design.

As you may expect, we are busier than ever lately at Replay. This new client roll out and the surge in player’s traffic we experience since a few weeks keep both our technology and operations teams very busy.

As highlighted by @fizzymint yesterday on the HTML 5 announcement thread, we will be turning the rest of our ring-games into HTML 5 today. I’d like to reassure everyone that we do hear and listen to all of your feedback. This drives our decisions. We do appreciate that the user and player experience is not fully optimal yet on the new client, especially for players who likes to play multiple tables at the same time. However, I can ensure you that this is just the first version of this new client and that we are already working on the first enhancements. There will be very regular updates to the client in order to make the whole experience the best possible for all players. At the moment, I can already tell that we are working on the below improvements:

• New design breakpoints to enhance the user experience on different screen resolutions
  • Proper table design with clear leather borders and a clean separation with table background
  • Tournaments stats to be brought back on the table for SNG and MTTs
  • Improvement for MTT rebalancing logic
  • Completion of the remaining MTT features (no show removal, bounties, rebuys…)
  • Tweaks to the UI and games assets as per the feedback received

We hope to have all Replay Poker games as HTML 5 tables within the next few weeks. Please keep sharing your feedback! :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

8 Likes

Could we get 5 more seconds of timer to act? And focus the text cursor on the Bet field so we can just type a number, rather than have to click and type a number?

Focus should switch back to chat when it’s not your turn to act.

Also, let us put the number in the field ahead of time so we don’t have to type it in as quickly.

3 Likes

Well I Can’t log onto ANY of these “New Coke” Tables https://www.replaypoker.com/web-client-beta/table/6453574
And the crazy thing is I was playing at a ring table as it went to crap lol
All I get is “Loading” … This Sux Period !!! But Just keep going along like sheep SMH … Guess I will just have to find another site … Bunch of Crap >>> Hardly ANY of the “suggestions” where FIXED AND THATS THE TRUTH … Someone please tell me why I can’t even play on these “New Coke” Tables
I am running Microsoft Edge (see pic) as per the info I was given I even rebooted my pc !!
I have Sent a MESSAGE to support a Few Times times !!! 1st one about 8 hrs ago when this nightmare appeared everywhere !!! Not A peep … Hello !!!
But What Eva
Hope all is well with all during these interesting times … Stay Safe and Take Care
The Goat

2 Likes

What operating system & browser you using?

Try opening in Opera or slim-jet, should see a difference.

I’m using Windows 10 … I have NO Idea how to open with Opera or slim jet or anything else … This is very frustrating

I know hun, You have to download these browsers, but they don’t mess with 10. I have these 3 now trying to find out what one I like best. except instead of 10 I use 7

1 Like

You download them… they are browsers like Edge

oh sry didn’t see Frans post :upside_down_face:

I’m using Chrome on Win10, and have no problems with the new tables.

I’m still getting used to them, but they do work. I think somehow the old tables were easier for me to read, but I’m not sure why that is exactly. I think the cards, the chips, everything, just stood out more on the old tables.

7 Likes

Well it took me a while to figure it out but I got Chrome to work and I guess I can give these “New Coke” tables a shot … Thanks bud

P.S Why did they suggest Microsoft Edge is not work? SMH

2 Likes

MS Edge has had it’s own problems and is on it’s way out according to articles like this

I use Edge and have windows 10 with no problems. According to that article the switch you are talking about Grandy was suppose to take place in January. As far as I know i’m still on “edge” lol :wink:

Edge still exists, but it’s a Chromium-based browser now. It should work just fine, and it’s a good option for former IE users, as you can import your settings and favorites:

I stand corrected :slightly_smiling_face: