HTML5 Table Feedback

Hey all – we have some exciting news!

Our HTML5 tables are here. This is how we’ve moved away from using Adobe Flash for our tables. Not only is Flash being deprecated by many browsers, HTML5 will give you a smoother experience overall, and it’ll be much easier for us to add many of the suggestions you’ve asked us for.

Players are welcome to use this thread to report additional feedback.

Updates to these tables will be announced in our release notes thread.

6 Likes

Do we get paid?

Count me in, I will be on reply over the weekend. Please message me with any additional instructions.
Regards,

Will I now finally be able to play on my I pad?

When replay converts to HTML5 yes you can but not right now.

1 Like

Only ring games??
What about sit&go or Multi table tournaments??

Thanks to everyone who’s signed up so far! We’ll have updates for you in the next few days. To answer some questions:

• Not paid - but there are also no mandatory requirements. Play on the tables as much as you like, and leave as much feedback as you prefer. We’re hoping to get both bug reports and your thoughts on the overall design. Design changes are incoming thanks to our volunteers’ feedback.
  • You’ll be able to play on mobile devices, but it might not look great yet. We’re focused on desktop/laptop testing at the moment to expedite the process, but making sure everything looks good on mobile will come soon after.
  • Yes, just ring games for now! We’re going to transition to HTML5 over time, starting with our Texas Hold’em ring tables, with tournaments coming a little later.
6 Likes

A few “lessons learned” for new testers:

1. Many (most?) players will want to filter the chat to “Players only.” Otherwise the dealer’s and action dialogue scrolls by so quickly it’s difficult to read what anyone has said (like “nh” or “good luck,” or even real conversation).
  2. If you get disconnected while a hand is in progress, hitting your F-5 key usually reloads the page fast enough that you don’t miss acting in turn. Note that on some computers, that key controls “screen brightness” instead. If you’re one of those, close the table and re-open it from the Lobby. If neither of those work, the problem is likely on your end, not the site’s.
  3. When you choose an initial amount to sit down with (say, 202 chips instead of the default of whatever), click the amount in the box and type in the amount you want. You can do the same with amounts to bet or raise.
  4. The cards are a little bit smaller (in proportion to the table). Look closely at them to verify what hand you actually hold, especially if one of your cards is a black King–they forgot to put a suit sign below the “K” (they’re working on that, but it’s got to be a low priority fix). Also, if you drag the table’s edges out (both width and height) by clicking and pulling them, the cards stay proportional and are a bit easier to read, BUT, do NOT maximize the screen as that will cover up some of the stuff you want to see–like the bottom players, LOL.

More as they become apparent.

5 Likes

We’ve invited the next wave of beta testers today, but we’ll be adding more in another couple of weeks, so please sign up if you’re interested.

There will be some upcoming chip incentives for everyone involved in the beta test, in order to get people playing at the same time, which should make testing a lot easier. More details will be sent to those involved in testing soon. Thanks to everyone involved!

1 Like

I fully agree with Alan. As a little spoiler for non-beta testers:

Arrrrgh regards mention of cards being slightly smaller. If that is to be the case can there please be an option to provide for larger cards? I was delighted to hear of a rebuild using HTML5 and had hoped we will have such a choice. I don’t know what the ‘demography’ of the sites users is, but i’m sure there are more than a few elderly players and also those who require the same feature on accessibility grounds.

A fresh start to the site should take advantage to open the doors to as many people as possible. Having it as an option won’t affect all those who are happy with smaller cards.

Seeing it’s my first post, i wish the best of luck for the changeover and thank you for the site.

6 Likes

Lotsa complaints thus far on cards being too small…I feel sure it’s toward the top the fixers list (just my opinion of course) :slightly_smiling_face: fingers crossed and go tech go ! : )

2 Likes

IMO, Old look is 100% better. New design just isn’t good.

8 Likes

I love that the players image can be seen at the table…hope this stays.
N

3 Likes

Is there a way to re-read the announcements for beta testers. If no, can you please post them in this thread as well. For instance I did not note down the time of beta test when play chips are awarded. I do not know how to get the time now.

IIRC it’s 1-3pm ET and 7-9pm ET

1 Like

How many hands need to be played?

Minimum of 50 hands need to be played

1 Like

Here’s a copy of what was sent narench!

BETA TESTING HAPPY HOUR

Thank you for being a part of our beta test! As a way to ensure other players will be at the tables to help test, we’re kicking off a couple of Beta Test Happy Hours that will run daily.

Every single day you play at least 50 hands between 1 pm and 3 pm ET or 7 pm and 9 pm ET, we’ll credit you with 20k chips!

Chips will be credited on the following business day (so Friday through Sunday’s chips will appear on Monday).

Here are the tables to look for:

[New Server] Test Table
[New Server] Test Table Holdem 9 max
[New Server] Test Table Holdem HU
[New Server] Test Table Royal

We encourage you to take a seat even if a table is empty as it may encourage other testers to join you.

Please remember to click the “Feedback” button in the upper left of the table to report any issues or comments about the design. Thanks again for being one of our testers!

2 Likes

@GrandyB, @LkLkJubly, @Pageaux Thank you all for the reply.

1 Like