How to play nice?

How to play nice?

I generally always try to play nice with other players. Thats the thing tho! It does require effort for me. I would consider myself a nice person but being nice isn’t natural. Sometimes I don’t play nice.

So. How to play nice? This hand I try to play nice. :slight_smile: It’s nice to be important but its more important to be nice.

A lot of players complain about bullies & bingo. I have been on the receiving end of this friendly “discussion” a few time.

In this hand I decided to leave my opponent a few chips to spare. I thought it was nice!!! :slight_smile:

How to play nice? Thoughts?

Share your hands. How to play nice. :slight_smile:

Since a life only lasts a finite number of minutes, the nicest thing I can do is take all your chips as quickly as possible. This frees up your time so you can do other things, like stop to smell roses or whatever. If I knock you out quickly, I am saving your life, or at least some portion of your life, and it’s hard to be nicer than that!

I don’t think anybody likes the end stages of a tournament, where the blinds are so high and the stacks so low in relation to those blinds. There’s no real room for pokering there, and it becomes a bingo shove-fest, which most players hate. Eliminating as many people as you can as fast as you can allows the tournament to get to the end stage faster, before the blinds get so high. Since this makes the end game more enjoyable for the survivors, it’s very nice indeed!

A tournament doesn’t end until one person has all the chips, so anything you can do to make that happen as quickly as possible is “playing nice.”

5 Likes

@SunPowerGuru
Thats kinda nice I guess. So your not appreciative if I beat you in a hand but leave you 1.5BB? I think thats nice of me. You still have a chance, & bc your short stack no need to stress over decisions shove or fold.

Dumb111

I really find it disappointing that people cant smell the roses & appreciate how im trying to be nice. :slight_smile:

If you stop & smell the roses & have time to think: a lot of your perceived problems in tournaments don’t exist in ring games.

2 Likes

Sure, I’ll take it. Giving me a chance is more “unwise” than “nice,” but I’ll take it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I plead the fifth on this one .

wisdom, thats all I can say .

This kind of betting could be perceived as trolling, and not as “friendly”. @Sassy_Sarah and myself would occasionally bet exactly 1 chip less than a player’s stack for various reasons, but mostly for the tilt factor and the “lulz”.

3 Likes

@Fozman

Strategically its not smart bc the Villain has less than 2BB to give away on the next hand after tilt. I was much more generous than leaving only 1 chip. I left Villain 1.25BB, 75 chips, so I think I was nice, & much more generous, 75 times more generous. :slight_smile:

As @SunPowerGuru mentioned being nice & giving players a chance is “unwise”. I’m more interested in being nice than playing GTO & exploiting players etc. I’m interested in playing nice & encourage other to do the same. Its free fun poker. No1 is playing here to pay their mortgage & feed their kids. So why not play nice? :slight_smile:

How can trying to be nice be concieved as trolling? I’ve noticed many players like to be fake & troll others for entertainment. It’s a free world & poker site? so we can all bet how we like right? At least SPG appreciates Im “trying” to be nice. :slight_smile:

If you have suggestions on how to play nice please offer them. I would appreciate if players could avoiding this negative stigma of judging others for trying to play nice. Thank You for your contribution. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:laughing: This entire thread seems like trollbait. I’ll leave you to it, thanks for the laugh.

2 Likes

If you hadn’t said it… I was going to.

@DogsOfWar, if you really want to be nice, figure out a way to give me back the 1.5 minutes I’ve spent in this thread. Cheers!

2 Likes

@Fozman

The simplest thing you can offer someone is a smile & better yet lolz. It takes more effort to frown than smile. :slight_smile:

If you want to be nicer & more generous maybe you can think about leaving players with more than 1 chip for lolz.

Thanks for contributing. :slight_smile:

@dayman

WOOOW 1.5mins? Your very generous. I would of only wasted 30 secs reading & probably not responded at all.

Being nice is being generous, so thanks. I’m jus here for the lolz.

1 Like