How does the ranking work?

Great question. I’ve made several assumptions over the years but none seem to hold fast. My assumptions were the rating is based on gaming factors such as; level of play, number of games played, amount of chips won or lost, length of time played… per game per day compared to all other players. I would like to see a response to this question from a ReplayPoker official.

Look 5 posts up and there you have your request.

1 Like

Thanks @chipsmama. I knew rank is based on bankroll, but always wondered how often it updates. The page you linked answered that… every 15 minutes.

2 Likes

Then Predators seek the inexperienced player.
The Elite player will have an upper edge on the Novice player. Knowing their skill.
Critical decisions will alter the all out play because of this.
Self esteem in the game will be lower , knowing of their lower ranking therefore losing more.
Ultimately , the more chips you have the more decisions you can make at ease. You can test this theory by playing at a lower ranking stakes tables.
Hiding this information will make everything fair.
Only pretentious people need to show their chips, and need the feel for seeing the opponents’ skill status. I’ll call you out , straight goods. It’s 50/50 luck and skill, so don’t sell the farm. Life’s like that in many aspects

You missed the whole point kid. Instead of using a number system that would intimidate lesser chip players you group players so no one knows exactly what the number ranking is. As far as your 50/50 skill vs luck you’re way off. This I know for sure;

Poker is 100% a game of skill in the long run. However there is a large element of luck in the short term. Successful poker players mitigate the luck aspect by consistently making mathematically superior decisions and therefore winning in the long run.

Have a nice day …

2 Likes

why do so many players worry about rank when it can be bought…rank means zip here