How did you come up with your name?

I USED TO WORK ON THESE PLANES. Brings back memories of old times and old friends. It also keeps alive the memory of a fine airplane. Over 100 combat victories and no loses.

1 Like

Loved that series:) me awww old lol

Oh you are a devil, you are…

My name is a nod to my mother…
when i was a kid and bugged her about whats for dinner,reply one day was hobo Soup.
I asked her what that was and she said Ketchup and hot water…same thing hobo’s ate . lol

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Joke of the week

I share a last name with a member of the infamous Manson “family” (you need to be “mature” to remember them). When she got back in the news for escaping prison, some old-timers at the poker table started calling me that. I will let you guess why the 53 is added.

1 Like

You are probably my age mate and born in 53! :slight_smile: Did I guess correctly?

1 Like

I used to have a miniture pug and i used to call him littlepug, I sure do miss him!

3 Likes

Good guess, but you’re 14 years off. I hope one day to be that old, but with heart failure it might not be in the cards. Congrats on making it to that wonderful age. Stay young and have fun!! :slightly_smiling_face:

My name was the name of my cat. Soloing was a female Siamese and loved to play fetch. She was very, very smart and extremely affectionate. She has since gone to kitty heaven so when I play under her name I think of her.

2 Likes

Some might think that it’s my actual name but it isn’t. It’s a non-meaning strong word that is used to express frustration (only known in semi-northern parts of Finland). Not a curse word though, close to expression words like “darn” or “bummer” :grin:

3 Likes

You win the kewpie doll!. My Grandad used to tell me “I know more about being young than you know about being old”. Now I know what he meant. lol. He made it to 99. Peace, sister.

1 Like

This is such a sweet story, KujiSan. Thanks for sharing it. Welcome to the Forums–come back often!

How very interesting! Maybe I should borrow this word! My parents never used a single verified cuss word. We knew we were in trouble when Mom said “Darn it!” How fun to say “Turkale!” Welcome to the Forums. Come often!

1 Like

My Boss of long ago would always say Whoosh Mista! Doug was a cool guy who died way to early Colon Cancer! Super friend like brother to me!!

3 Likes

I picked up a bunch of dog poop in the yard.

2 Likes

it’s my nick name just added the numbers

1 Like

Hahahahah! Who hasn’t been there, done that?! Welcome to the Replay Poker Forums, Crappy Hands. Come back often. (Now go wash.)

4 Likes

The Anhaga was the subject of an Anglo-Saxon poem written pre-900 ad and my thesis. The word ‘Anhaga’ means ‘solitary wanderer’ and the poem documents the sorrow of an aging warrior who seeks vainly for a place to live among others. As the last surviving member of his community who is no longer an effective soldier, he finds rejection wherever he goes in a cold and cruel world.

2 Likes

Although to me it is not very creative or original, simply my first and last name initials with “a hog” because I am a University of Arkansas Razorback graduate, and reminds me of grander days and times!

1 Like