Honoring Alan25main

@fizzymint

thank you for posting that link. I always enjoyed reading his posts. My condolences to his family and his many friends on Replay.

7 Likes

Ron lived 40 miles from me in Worcester, Ma before moving to Florida last week. Never got to meet him in person to have a conversation and a coffee. Sad …. RIP my friend. :pray:t2:

9 Likes

Sorry to hear this. He seemed like a really nice guy. Played a few low stakes ring games with him, simply for the love of a relatively half decent game. It was interesting to hear his stories and who he had met in the professional poker community. R.I.P. @Alan25main . Condolences to your family and friends and the Replay Poker community.

6 Likes

Shocking news. Ron was the first person I talked with in the Community. He was such a gentleman. Always had a kind word to say at the tables. I loved reading his stories. He contributed so much to this site in his everyday presence. Godspeed Ron, may your next journey fulfill your every dream.

10 Likes

Rest in Peace Ron, great to see him as such a great contributer

6 Likes

Sincere condolence to all who knew him, I was only seated a few times with Ron always a gentlemen and truly liked his posts he mixed humor with wisdom.
The link to Get to know Alan25main makes me wish I knew him better and is a great read.
R.I.P enjoy family and friends at the “Great Game’s Final Table”

8 Likes

Very sad news. RIP Ron. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

5 Likes

Very sad to hear this news. He was a great person and a great friend. We love you Ron. You’ll deeply be missed.

7 Likes

I had the great honor of meeting Ron in Massachusetts, playing poker together and visiting him at his home. We all know what a great poker player he was, how smart he was, how well he could write, and off the chart’s knowledge. I found out why. He easily had 10,000 books in his house. And those were just his favorites. He was a “one of a kind” person and I will miss him!! RIP Ron.

11 Likes

So sorry to hear this, RIP Alan we will miss you so much.

5 Likes

So sorry to hear the news. Ron was such good friend and well liked by everyone he knew.

RIP Ron

4 Likes

:cry: I am so sad to hear this. Alan was the first one to send me a friend request and never once failed to say hi and wish good luck. I met him as soon as I found this place. We were playing stud and his stack was short. He went all in about 9 times in a row and won each of them. I told him that he needed to change his colorful dog picture to that of a cat because of the 9 lives… and the rest is history. Rest in peace my friend

5 Likes

RIP Ron

5 Likes

Very sad news, very.
Alan was outstanding man, a great poker connoisseur and always a reliable friend here at Replay Poker.
Rest in peace, dear friend.

5 Likes

Farewell my Friend.

grafik

5 Likes

Sad news :frowning: I like his input and like to play against him! My thoughts us to his Family!!!

4 Likes

So sorry to hear this, RIP Alan

4 Likes

Ron P. ~ aka Alan25main
I was shocked today when I learned of Ron’s passing. I met him here soon after joining Replay. He had so much to share, and wanted so much to share his love and knowledge of poker.
I met him in person in the summer of 2016. There were several of us here in eastern Mass who he thought would like to get together for a live game. He was right. Ron connected 5 of us Replayers. We got together for lunch one day. We met each other and planned a game. What a great afternoon that was. The next week was our first get-together. I provided the venue and Ron provided the organization of play and rules. Oh, he came prepared. And having him take the time and effort to do that really made the games fun. I expected it all to be quite stressful, but he put everyone at ease.
We all did get together one more time after that but then most found it too long a drive to my place. Our schedules were all quite different, so it never happened again. I will always remember Ron and his lively personality. What a character! I was so fortunate to have experienced his enthusiasm.

R.I.P Ron P. ~ GL in poker heaven!!

With fond memories, Janice

12 Likes

I’ve been searching the obituaries and nothing is posted. Worcester area and the entire US database. If anyone finds it can you please let me know, I’d like to attend services since we live 40 miles away. :heart:

Thank you
Craig

4 Likes

I was so humbled and so honored when I accepted his friend request, Alan’s blogs were a must to read and so informative. Alan is missed already.

9 Likes