Honoring Alan25main

I am deeply saddened to share the news that Ron, known as Alan25main here on the site, has passed away.

I don’t think I need to tell any regulars here on our forum how important Ron was to our community. A great poker player, a calm and steady presence, and a font of history. Ron loved to share stories about card games, and wrote many blog articles and social media posts for us. He also enjoyed drawing on his experiences to write fictional tales about poker, which we also shared over on our blog.

I had the fortune of getting to know him better through working with him on these articles, and he was a joy to know. Authentic, great wit, and endlessly knowledgeable.

If you didn’t know him well, he shared a bit about himself on our blog in this article. Take a look and join me in remembering a special member of our community.

26 Likes

So sorry to hear that.

He was an asset to our community and will be greatly missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

8 Likes

Sorry to hear that - only been here a year and half, but I read many of his posts. Always friendly, always helpful. There’s a few people out here that when you see they posted something, you read it - matters not the subject at hand. He was one of those in my book.

Recently you had naming contest for two new tournaments. Might I suggest skip the contest next time, and just go with “The Main Event.”

9 Likes

I had the pleasure of knowing Ron , he will be missed by all who knew him. Condolences to his family and friends.

5 Likes

I heard the news last night, so sad. What a great guy, such and asset to Replay Poker and our entire community. He will be missed. Fair winds and following seas my dear friend. I will see you again some day. My thoughts and prayers are with the entire family :pray:t2::heart:.

10 Likes

Very sad news…RIP Alan

6 Likes

RIP Ron

6 Likes

Rest in Peace Alan25main, you were a great asset and wonderful member of the community.

This is a huge blow for the community, may he be remembered fondly.

GD

6 Likes

So sad to hear this. Rest in Peace my friend.

6 Likes

Condolences 1

5 Likes

I just got word that we lost a friend on replay. He was a very nice gentleman and a very good friend of my friend. They lived close and did things together. He decided to sell his house and move to his brothers in Florida. He arrived Saturday, had a massive heart attack and died this week. I am still in shock. God Bless ya Ronnie. His game name is alan25main. If something was already posted, I apologize for missing it. Keeping his family and friends in prayer♥

Screenshot_3friend to many

7 Likes

Oh so sorry to hear of Ronnie’s passing. Prayers of comfort to his family & friends.

9 Likes

I am going to miss Ronnie more than words can say. I am going to miss all the things we did together before he headed to Florida, but I am going to miss his phone calls every day most of all, now that he has passed. He was one of the good guys, they are very rare in today’s world and I will never forget him and how good he was to me. May you rest now and be with you Mom and Dad… :broken_heart:

7 Likes

A man who will be much missed by all who knew him

8 Likes

Condolences to Ron’s family. I considered Ron a friend, and deeply saddened by his passing. Happy trails my friend.

7 Likes

Thanks for finding a place to show our condolences. I started to open a new subject last night, but that didn’t work out so I just deleted my thought of the day, so I could put it there. Remembered the rule this time. :))

7 Likes

So sorry to hear this news ,

Ron was always so kind , and supportive to all players . Always spoke to me and we exchanged correspondence on many issues from our love of music to medicine / poker . / cooking. ,

A true gent and top person ,

Condolences to Ron’s family . Rest in Peace my friend - oseieye

6 Likes

I seldom sat at a table with Alan25main, but often read his posts in the forum.
His posts were always thoughtful and relevant. He was also obviously well liked here on Replay.
He will be missed.
Rest in Peace Ron.

6 Likes

So sad to hear this news. “Alan” was always a gentleman and a pleasure to be in his company,even if it was only on Replay’s tables. RIP Ron, you will be remembered fondly here and I’m sure IRL to those who knew you.

7 Likes

Terribly sad news. Prayers to his friends and family. He will be missed.

6 Likes