Holiday Traditions

The holidays are always fun times. We get to see family members we don’t usually see. The different foods are fantastic. They are just wonderful times of the year and some are coming upon us fast. Everyone has some type of tradition that is only done during certain holidays. What are your traditions for the holidays? This question pertains to all holidays throughout the year, not just the ones coming up.

4 Likes

Pilot704. The only reason I go to our family party’s is for the free food and alcohol…We use to all get a 20 dollar buy in poker game up but it always ended with some one cheating :100:

2 Likes

Which is why …

“Trust everyone but always cut the cards.” ~ Benny Binion

“Don’t challenge strong players, challenge weak ones. That’s what they’re there for.” ~ John Vorhaus

1 Like

Unfortunately there are no more family traditions of holiday get togethers in my family since Covid. Everyone does small family get togethers now. Damn shame, miss them…Covid will always be around……

2 Likes

Holidays are dear however for 40-50 years travelling and making them just another day and often times even forgetting it’s that day till the day has dawned I have become immune or indifferent to holidays. I rejoice that other people are able to enjoy and celebrate. Covid made it harder to celebrate and probably will affect many for years, take care and God bless.

2 Likes

My best holiday tradition centers on the fourth of July. We have a picnic, for desert we have a seeded watermelon. Then we have a seed spitting contest. But it is not a distance spitting contest, rather it is a free for all, spitting seeds at each other!!!

1 Like

My favorite holiday is American Thanksgiving Day. I’m happy to prepare that traditional meal. We need to eat anyway, and it’s a great feast with a week’s worth of leftovers. Other than cooking, there’s no other obligation, and we are praised for eating good food, eating too much, lying around after eating and watching a movie–all the best things! I never skip that holiday. Christmas is too commercial so I pretend it’s a second Thanksgiving and treat it the same way: good food, too much of it, and then a lazy afternoon/evening. Presents are over-rated!

3 Likes

My favorite Holidays are Thanksgiving and Christmas to.
I like Christmas better tho. :christmas_tree: I’m already waiting for Christmas to get here, No, not really but kind a like yeah.

3 Likes

Lol , you just want cooler weather :+1:t2:

2 Likes

:rofl: that to. triple digits is hot make me :crazy_face:

2 Likes

My favorite holiday has always been Christmas, from decorating the house inside and out, watching Christmas movies all month long, buying and wrapping presents, its just a magical month that i look forward to each year. :evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

1 Like

zona79 do you cook a lot of food for Thanksgiving and CHRISTmas?

I like Christmas best. I spoil my 37 year old daughter and my 8 year old grandson. The rest of the family does there own thing since Covid.

Holidays will never be the same . My grandson is so awesome. I bought him a Nintendo Switch game console because that’s what he asked me for. Every time I see him he whispers in my ear, “ Grandpa, that’s the best gift I ever got in my whole life but don’t tell Mommy or Santa “ :joy:

He forgot about the other 7 Christmas’ and Birthday gifts :birthday::joy: I guess.

I like New Years Eve also as a personal favorite. I hope to resume going back to New York again every year

Again Covid……

1 Like