Hobbies

I found, over the years, that hobbies are a way to de-stress, relax and have fun all at the same time. Playing Poker may well be a hobby for some people. I know everyone has a hobby of some sort. Some people have more than one hobby. I have several hobbies, which I do to keep myself busy, and yes, poker is one of them. I also ride horses, umpire Little League baseball and softball and I fly, as I am a private pilot. I would love to hear some of your hobbies.

9 Likes

Thank you for sharing @Pilot704! :heart:

I enjoy taking photos of my family and places I get to visit. I am not great but I’m good at not giving up 'til I get the image I want. :grin: I also collect vinyl records and I like to re-organize and clean them to make sure there’s no dust and static. I find it very therapeutic as I carefully handle each one of them to make sure they’re always in mint condition. :smiling_face:

8 Likes

I read, knit, pull weeds, cook, and hang out with friends with similar hobbies. I wish I were capable of a unique, amazing hobby (like being a private pilot, for example–amazing, Pilot704!), but that would just make me (more) vain, right? I stick with the stuff my grandmothers did for drudgery, but for me–it’s mostly hobby stuff.

8 Likes

Hockey, golf, mixed martial arts, target shooting, poker, video games, and wrestling grizzly bears.

9 Likes

(I think that last item was supposed to be posted in “Two truths and a lie” thread.) lol

8 Likes

I work much so after poker i love to be in the nature,fishing,go out with the boat!! Love to play Chess and also lissend to music!

8 Likes

depending on the season. I like to hunt mushrooms, Go prospecting for gold and Platinum and am a rockhound also like fishing. and sometimes I chase skirts.

9 Likes

I enjoy line dancing and the spin off social side which has evolved from that, and experimenting in the kitchen providing I have it all to myself! Walking beside any kind of water and observing nature all around me, taking a book and finding a grassy bank to sit and read it, simple things but to me they are all relaxing and clear the head. Oh yes, I play the occasional game of poker and have recently learned and enjoy playing Canasta!

6 Likes

Oooh–I, too, like Canasta, but I have trouble finding someone to play it with me. I guess you’ll just have to come to California for a weekend of Canasta with me! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My hobbies are reading and I also collect banknotes. Back in the younger days fished and cross country skiing. Replay poker is big also, I play to relax.

3 Likes

Have a place in grant’s pass oregon ,puit you up any time JanCee Also a friend
of Des…

3 Likes

So cool! I see some fishing in your avatar. :slight_smile: Looks very familiar–very Oregon!

1 Like

I umpired for 15 years until an on-field injury ended that. Miss it terribly.

4 Likes

I love writing, almost anything baseball-related, and listening to old-time radio. I am particularly a fan of shows like “Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar”, “Dragnet”, and “I Was a Communist for the FBI.”

4 Likes

Walking, hiking, birding, reading and of course poker, but poker is really like going to school; you learn self-control, respect, PATIENCE, and all about human nature. I love the thrill of a winning hand, it does not get old.

6 Likes

My hobbies tend to be seasonal and weather dependent. Walking, gardening (growing seeds, mowing) , reading, animated Christmas lighting and doing whatever my wife tells me to do. The occasional poker game.

6 Likes

Welcome to the Forum, FreeJack. Come back often, and good luck at the tables.

3 Likes

I enjoy starting businesses, making them successful and then selling them at a profit. Also enjoy playing a background actor in movies and television. It’s nice fun hobby and you make lifelong friends. The list of hobbies is just too long…

7 Likes

I like to go Hiking, looking for rocks, I just love rocks, have a big rock collection, also like painting some rocks.
I like fishing and Camping as well.

6 Likes

My hobbies are …nagging my wife and embarrassing my kids lol.
I do enjoy fishing,gardening and hiking.

4 Likes