Helpful things I've learned from becoming old

#1- Talk to yourself. There are times when you need expert advice.
#2- Consider “In Style” clothing to be any that still fit.
#3- You don’t need anger management. You need people to stop irritating you.
#4- Your people skills are fine. It’s tolerance of idiots that needs work.
#5- The most common lie we tell ourselves is “I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it.”
#6- “On time” is whenever I arrive.
#7- Duct tape won’t fix stupid - but it sure does muffle the sound of it.
#8- It’s amazing how old other people my age seem to be.

What nuggets of–dare I say it? Yes, I dare!–wisdom have you gathered? I know there are a lot of other old farts out there. Let’s help the youngin’s out with our mature guidance.

15 Likes

If it won’t matter in ten years, it probably doesn’t matter now. Don’t sweat the small stuff, and most things are small.

10 Likes
  1. I am responsible for my own happiness
  2. My parents didn’t know what they was doing either
  3. You learn who your Always and Forever people are
  4. Noisy people annoy you
  5. When something breaks, have a nap and the magic electrical fairies will fix it
  6. You buy clothes that fit you instead of ones that one you might fit in to
  7. People who moan about everything are toxic
  8. Facebook is a chore
  9. Experience really does count – (without going into the details :blush: )
  10. You can say f@@k it I don’t care - and actually mean it
9 Likes

Especially #10, Tiggy!

3 Likes

Those who fear failure are often afraid to try. Failure is a learning experience, get out there and learn.

1 Like

#8, yeah, especially #8!
Oh, and #10
#10. The mirror lies! Yes! The mirror and the sheep lie. Especially the sheep. They lie all the time!

3 Likes

Don’t sweat the petty stuff.
Always pet the sweaty stuff

4 Likes

Seems like you need to add…I’m not always right, but I’m never wrong"…so says my wife…lol

1 Like

:heart:

1 Like

Never give someone words they can quote as having been said definitively by you. (How do I know this?!)

2 Likes

Personally, I don’t usually say, “never,” This is something Jan once said, in all caps, no less.

2 Likes

I agree. Why say “never” when saying “always” is so much more gratifying!?

1 Like

I’ll edit! Always try to Never give someone words they can quote…etc. How 'bout that?

3 Likes

Never say never…and always avoid Always!!!

3 Likes
  1. Age is just a number…don’t let it define you.
  2. Youth is wasted on the young.
  3. Love, laugh, live…like there is no tomorrow…someday it will be true.
3 Likes

As a boy, I was taught this (supposedly Dutch) saying: We grow too soon old and too late smart.

I got the first part, okay; the second is still a work in progress.

4 Likes

Age is not defining us. It s our heart. a german saying goes: you are as old as you feel!

1 Like

A little off topic maybe but you kind of have to be old to consider this: “Believe your beliefs and doubt your doubts but don’t doubt your beliefs and believe your doubts.” A friend of mine’s grandma wrote this in her bible…did she borrow it or make it up herself…doesn’t matter

2 Likes

Welcome to the Forums, Tagespapa. Enjoy them and good luck in the games.

1 Like

Well, I,m old and I’ve considered it. Beliefs are what you have when you don’t know and the thing most likely to keep you from knowing. Doubts, on the other hand, let you consider other possibilities.

3 Likes