Heat Stroke: A Cautionary Tale for a Hot Summer

Thanks Winston. I just couldn’t figure out why she didn’t call, and then we all came to realize how quickly she passed out. :frowning: Do stay safe!

2 Likes

Not to distract from the topic at hand, but my last GF had a similar experience.

She had taken one of her horses out for a nibble of grass, and ended up passing out from the heat. I was in the house some distance away, looking at my hair in the mirror and basking in the refreshing coolness of the air conditioning, as vicious Vikings do.

The horse took her shirt collar in his teeth and dragged her to the shade of a tree, where she eventually came to. And no, I am not making this up.

The moral of this story is obvious, of course: Never leave the comfort of an air conditioned house when you have a girlfriend and horses.

4 Likes

Very scary scenario, even for a vicious viking! Good thing vicious vikings have helpful horses, eh? (Or should I say neigh?)

2 Likes

Very sorry for your ordeal, Jancee. I hope your Mom feels much better soon.

3 Likes

You scared the crap out of me Jan when you 1st messaged me about your Mom , so glad that she got the help in time and that you are able to be there with her now. :heart:

3 Likes

Yes, and good thing Jan has such artful alliteration!

2 Likes

Scared me too, no doubt. Today–after more than two weeks!–she is feeling and sounding better, more like herself.

3 Likes

In Nicaragua we are at 11 degrees of latitude…the sun is really intense…the heat is tolerable but the shade under a palapa with a cold beverage sure is nice.

4 Likes

Jan, sorry to hear about your mom :frowning: so glad she is now feeling better :slight_smile: How did the paramedics find her and know to come when she was passed out? I’m sure this incident put a bad scare in you. Wishing you and your mom best wishes xxxx :heart:

3 Likes

Thanks for asking and for caring, doll46. We have a protocol of afternoon phone calls from me to Mom. When I couldn’t reach her, I alerted her neighbors who went to her house and heard groaning from the yard. They called paramedics who broke down the gate and rescued her. Very scary, but good we had the protocol in place. She wouldn’t have survived another hour, we believe! I only wish I’d started calling sooner. :frowning:

6 Likes

You are so welcome Jan. Don’t be hard on yourself for not calling earlier, sounds to me like you saved your moms life. Great idea to have such a fantastic protocol. Well done Jan :heart:

5 Likes