Has anyone you know had the COVID vaccine yet?

I know of one person in Wisconsin who has had the vaccine (first shot only), and presumably there are others there, but I know of no one close to Massachusetts. The Central/Western MA VA has no vaccine appointment information available, yet. Local doctors and pharmacies don’t have any, either, though we’ve been told some large chain pharmacies “will be getting it” (though they don’t say when).

What is the situation where you are?

If you’ve been vaccinated, how did it go and what, if any, side effects did you notice? Were you able to make an appointment for the 2nd shot when you got the first one? Can you pass on any other data?

3 Likes

Many of the people where I work have received it, with only some of them having the same symptoms they experience with a flu shot. These include pain at the injection site or in the muscle of the injected arm and general malaise for a few days. Only about half seem to have had these symptoms with the remainder having no symptoms at all. I don’t know anyone who has missed any work as a result of the vaccine so the effects they feel are apparently minimal.

3 Likes

My grand daughter has gotten both of hers she had a slight temperature with both shots and more soreness at the injection site. Other that that no problems. I have an appointment March 6th and April 3rd to got both of my shots.

5 Likes

I don’t know anyone that has received the shot and most I know are waiting for evidence that it will be effective against the new variants of the strain. Our governor in Rhode Island is leaving to become one of President Biden’s cabinet members so we haven’t had a coronavirus briefing in 3 weeks.

As far as the veteran administration in our state, my daughter is a frontline worker thier and is on a list. I received a call yesterday to be out on a list and they are talking as of yesterday April-June timeframe. They will be offering the Moderna shot. I would personally like to see some more data after the 2 shots but I will do my part to try and create herd immunity in the country so we can get somewhat past this pandemic. I already had Covid at the end of February 2020 so I’m of the mindset that I lived through it so waiting out the shot until June sounds reasonable to me.

Make your best decision and remember even though you receive 2 shots you still must practice good hygiene, social distancing and wear a mask. It’s here to stay with booster shots every year.

Be safe my friends

3 Likes

My 92 year old mother had her 1st injection this past Saturday (Jan. 16th). She had no symptoms until she turned over in bed that night and felt the soreness in her arm. During this week she has been a bit tired–and she’s a person who is never tired, not even at 92! She’s looking forward to her next injection in three weeks with eager anticipation. When I’ve had mine too (a couple months away yet, maybe, in California), then I’ll go visit her for the first time in about 18 months. Can hardly wait!

5 Likes

My father-in-law has received his first shot, my wife and I are on the list for our first shot.
This is Colorado

He said, “everything went well”

3 Likes

I don’t know anyone personally who has gotten Covid 19 or the vaccine. My parents are trying to get vaccinated (according to the governor, they are in the age group that is allowed to get it), but there isn’t enough vaccine in the county for them to be vaccinated. I’m in California.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Replay Poker Forums, mscullins2. Thanks for the post, and I hope you come back often.

My wife just received her second shot and other than a little arm pain all seems to be good. She is a health care worker.

3 Likes

My mother (80) has had her first one and my paternal grandmothers half sister (late 90’s !!) has had both of hers. The second one is due in April and my father is expecting his first in early Feb.

3 Likes

If you have Veteran status I would recommend checking with VA clinics. In Florida Bay Point VA; St. Pete, I have a Feb 2 1st shot at Mares Isl vet clinic (near San Francisco)…Stay safe everybody

3 Likes

Here you go fellow veterans!

Stay safe!

Semper Fidelis!
Craig

1 Like

Well a very on trend topic! My wife got covid from travelling on the bus to work. A person with no mask was coughing the windows closed as it was cold. The next morning we booked in for a test completed before 0900 hours. That afternoon I had the symptoms, tested positive just the same as my wife. This was back in November, we came through it okay but it’s different for everyone. Since then She has received her first jab two weeks ago as she works in the front line. I’m hoping for my letter / telephone call in a couple of weeks. We all need the vaccine for herd immunity.

3 Likes

Why would she need the shot if she had the virus and recovered?

Hello my friend, Current on going studies show past infection provides 83% protection for 5 months (length of study so far) but crucially may not stop transmission. So being vaccinated further protects her and anyone who she may come in contact with.

4 Likes

@Goatsoup . Having survived Covid-19, antibodies only stay in your system for 3-6 months before getting depleted. Also there is no protection against the new variants. Get a shot when your able too. Save your life and many others :+1:t2:

Stay safe

4 Likes

yep…get my 2nd dose next Friday the 19th

3 Likes

had no side effects other than a sore arm for a day. My wife gets her shot tomorrow and my mother gets her second dose Friday all had the phizer vaccine and no bad after effects. We have vaccine sites here at the VA, hospitals drug and grocery stores WI just outside Milwaukee

2 Likes

My mom has also had her first, and is getting the follow up in a few days now. She didn’t mention any side effects… I suppose I should ask, as she probably wouldn’t bother to mention anything less severe than multiple broken bones, lol.

2 Likes

My mom had her second shot four days ago. On Day 2 following the second shot, she had chills, took Advil, went to bed, and slept for about nine hours. By the evening of Day 3 she was pretty much back to her Energizer Bunny self. She’s almost 93. She was great when I chatted with her today.

4 Likes