Happy Cinco de Mayo

Happy Cinco de Mayo

4 Likes

Craig the Latino community take Cinco De Mayo real serious here in Texas.

4 Likes

Same here brother. Providence, Rhode Island is one of the most diversified cities in the country.

Enjoy

Semper Fidelis!

2 Likes

Happy 5th of May, celebration began early here, had 5 stabbed during the first celebration, can’t wait until tomorrow!

Someone from Mexico please educate me if my information is incorrect. The many Mexicans I have known over the years have always told me, the USA celebrates Cinco De Mayo, but its ignored for most of mexico.

Wow @will_lira , so sorry to hear :disappointed:

@FlKayak . I asked that question a few years ago and the answer I received was , it’s just like the 4th of July in America. Some celebrate some don’t. As the new generations grow older the meaning is lost and just becomes another reason to party.

1 Like

My friends have told me that they never celebrated Cinco de Mayo until they came to the USA. Mexican Independence day is in September. Not important but every year I hear at work “why do you crazy Americans think this is a holiday?” lolol

3 Likes

@FlKayak

French Emperor Napoleon III wanted to claim Mexican territory for himself, sending his troops to force Mexico’s President Benito Juárez and the government out of Veracruz.

On May 5, 1862, in Puebla de Los Angeles, a small town in east-central Mexico, 6,000 French troops faced 2,000 Mexican soldiers at daybreak. By the evening, Mexico had claimed victory.

Days later Juárez declared May 5 a national holiday.

This is correct! My family is from Mexico, and we never celebrated it. It’s only a big deal in one state - Puebla. 16 de Septiembre is a much bigger celebration. :slight_smile:

All that said, I’m never going to turn down a reason to eat tacos. :wink: Hope anyone celebrating today has a blast!

6 Likes

Or lime Margaritas :joy:

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tributes to Mom for Mother’s Day

I to am very sorry to hear that, That’s just awful.

1 Like

Thank you fizzymint!!

Happy Cinco de Mayo! I love Corona’s and tacos! Going to Taco Yummy tonight and get full!

1 Like

I’m thirsty!

1 Like