Hand Calculation

Rob you’re absolutely right! And if I’m being honest, if I was in LVPoker’s place, I probably would have done the same. Shoving at this point was not a bad move.
The only thing that got us arguing was the fact that after he lost, LVPoker complained that he had the best hand, and it was a bad beat by the caller. The rest of us disagreed based on the fact that it was all done preflop, and usually when you go all in preflop without seeing the board, you can’t really tell if your hand is the best or not, and any other hand can beat you no matter how weak. And that’s exactly what happened.
His cards were strong, but if he had waited for the flop and seen two 2’s on board, he wouldn’t have gone all in with his aces and would have made it to the next hand.

I couldn’t agree more, it’s a very interesting situation, and I agree with LVPoker on many aspects. But my point remains that a preflop all in at that point or any point, is a risky move, and what appears to be the best hand can easily lose to any lesser hand. You can only truly evaluate the strength of your hand after you see the flop and all the way to the river. Before that you’re just taking bigger chances and anybody can call with anything and still beat you.

1 Like

@Chasetheriver
If you still have the hand number it would be great to see it. All the debate makes me curious.
Thanks.

I can help with that. Hand #381149231

1 Like

If you add that the A-2 are suited and the other A-3 are suited, I would agree that this is the best starting hand in Hi/Lo Omaha.

2 Likes

good point, makes sense. ty for the information :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Maya,
I ran both the hands through an odds calculator based on a 6 seat table. LVPoker has 22.51% equity while Chaosisko has 23.91%.

1 Like