Friend Requests at tourneys

How does one request a friend anymore? Used to be easy with a button at the table back when they were white. Since then, I haven’t made a single friend request, even though I wanted to, because I can’t find where to do it. I play tourneys almost exclusively , but can’t seem to find the button to request a friend. Thanks for the help in advance

2 Likes

At the table, click on the player that you want to befriend. That will bring up their info in the notes box. Click on their username to open up their profile page and request from there. Hope that helps.

10 Likes

I think it would be a good idea to include it as an option to be able to send Friend requests at the table, say you don’t want to get distracted by opening a new tab or window with their profile page, but stay focused on the tournament. Should be a simple button somewhere to enable that to happen.

10 Likes

And I agree 100%. Or you can send your friend requests after the game.

7 Likes

Great question, @TheKnutts and yes, I remember the days when it was very easy to add someone to friend list at the table, with just 2 clicks. Also Great solution, @BeerEagle69 , after clicking on player, a small icon could be added before the block avatar icon, in the top right of window. I will post you’re question & solution in the volunteer’s suggestion forum and see if this can be added to the list of improvements. Also Great idea @Craig_Anthony, however it wouldn’t work for me. I get out of 1 tourney hop into another continuously. By the time I decide to quit, I’ve forgotten who all to add. Must be an age thing, lol.

Replay is constantly trying to simplify, the way we perform task’s as this one.
Thanks’ to all, for you’re input & as always, GL at the tables.

10 Likes

Screenshot_2023-05-24_10-46-10

Yes Litenin, good idea. As you say, a button next to those three would be ideal.

8 Likes

Anything that streamlines the friendship process sounds great.

3 Likes

Thanks for all the replies.
I do indeed they add a button like where BeerEagle69 says.

3 Likes

@TheKnutts @BeerEagle69 , I have submitted the request. However I don’t want folks to think that is the only way to get suggestion’s accepted. All the Replay members, have the power to ask for specific, problems and possible solution’s. I ask that you send an e-mail to support@replaypoker.com stating the issue & possible solution. You will receive answer from the excellent support team soon. But please remember there a lot more of us players asking for changes than folks working at Replay, so it may take some time & make the list of improvements in future updates.

6 Likes

Priorities first, like a smooth running poker site. Everything else can be added to the “ wishlist “

3 Likes

What jujube said to do was really quite easy, made a friend request when I was out of a hand, was back at the table before the next hand started, so it certainly isn’t a priority at all. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks @TheKnutts , it would be a good feature to quickly add a player at the table for those who wants to and will be pursued. I personally think, we should see the players profile before adding to friend List for many reasons. I have always believed once a friend always a friend, but at times, one think’s for several reason’s this is not a true friend, click’s remove friend and that hurt’s both people and both will always remember the mistake’s made.

This is exactly what I was trying to say. What’s the hurry. When you feel comfortable send a friend request.

3 Likes

Hello everyone!

I can see how adding this feature can simplify adding friends while playing at the tables, and this has been brought up to our Team as a suggestion. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I don’t know ? Been playing on this site since 2014, build up a great bank, go bust, Repeat. Usually take a few months off now and then. The Friend thing never really grabbed me. When you’re winning the friend requests’ roll in. I’m not a snob so I accept all requests’ down to the player with 2k chips. Some players with the high ranking will not chat with you if you are a low rank player let alone accepting the friendship request. Why ? Because they are snobs. It reminds me of a high school pecking order, the click everyone wants to be in. People get weird on this site. some of the nicest, funniest people I became friends with were low stake players and we did not go through the Friend ritual, we were just friends. Most of the players friendships I accepted would not even talk to you at the tables which I never understood. So take it or leave it ? I’ll leave the friendship thing alone and just be friendly :slight_smile:

I’m glad you used the word “ some “ because I do not fit in that category. Friend to all. Life is too short. Sorry to hear you view players here like that, makes for a bad time playing.

Send those friend requests everyone :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I do not “View” them that way, That IS the way they are. I don’t know how much you get around in the different tournaments, leagues, Ring games SNG’s Etc. or if you just play with your group of friends, team poker, whatever. I get around, Play all MTTs, Sngs and I have to tell you Brother, there are some nasty azz people on this site. I call you brother because I too am also a veteran, U.S. Army. People live on this site which I find kind of creepy because it’s actually a form of degenerate Gambling.n Even though it may be a Free Poker site, people are spending real cash to either keep their ranking or to keep the "Friends they have who play in the higher stakes games. And You being Replays Biggest cheerleader and definitely biggest form contributor it seems, how can you call somebody a friend when you have never met them, had a drink with them or dinner or know where they live ? this is basically an online chat room so to speak. People can be whoever they want to be so you really never know who you are Actually talking to ? Myself, I have been playing Hardball, Baseball, year round for the past 15 years in the AZMSBL and have made some REAL Live person long lasting friendships, have drinks with them, know their families and where they live. If this is what you live for, more power to you but please, do not turn this around and make it seem that I am the one having a bad playing experience. I come here to play poker because I like playing poker. I appreciate the positive attitude you promote and the constant defending of this site which actually ISN’T a very friendly site most of the time.

Hi @ReadySet
how can you call somebody a friend when you have never met them, had a drink with them or dinner or know where they live ?

This is one thing that makes the Replay community so Great. It is very easy & contagious for a lot of members to truly, get to know other player’s very well as Great friend’s without ever physically meeting them.

2 Likes

I get that. You know, after writing my post, for the past day and a half I have run into some very friendly players who actually answer when you try and start a conversation :slight_smile: Seems like forever nobody would give you the time of day, leave you hanging when you compliment a nice hand etc. This is a good thing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Keep in mind that people playing on their phones are not able to chat, nor can they see your chat.
You are always welcome to join a league by looking in the drop down menu in the top right corner of your dashboard. Lots of friendly people there. Lots of chat if that’s what you like.
Good luck at the tables and welcome to the site:)

2 Likes