Free roll No Shows

I’m constantly surprised at how many people sign up for the freeroll events and then fail to appear to play in them. As nearly as I can tell from observation, between 10% and 15% of registered entrants don’t come to the games they signed up for. The “regularly scheduled” freerolls seem the worst at closer to 15%, the Facebook Freerolls seem best at about 10%. Even some of the “paid entry” events, Bust the Staff, for instance, are impacted though not by as high a percentage. I guess I can understand some small percentage either forgot or got busy, or were in such a good ring game they didn’t want to leave. But this many? Am I seeing a non-issue or is this something we ought to address? And, if it needs addressing, how?

2 Likes

As with other tournaments, pre entries who are no-shows do get booted after so many hands, believe it is 10 but around that number. The prize money for free rolls is pre determined so this is not an issue, but I agree that it is discourteous and am not sure how we can solve this, other than perhaps kicking them earlier.

1 Like

I think they should be kicked earlier at maybe 5 hands but this is a huge problem with many not showing up, i can see some get busy or forget but even if that’s the case well that’s the penalty they deal with and they will be kicked. Nothing worse than playing at a table and there are just 2 of you and the rest are not in the game.

There’s usually a 5 minute late registration on freerolls.
If you kick people who registered on time, after they miss 5 hands, you would likely be kicking people for not showing up after 3-4 minutes while allowing late comers(who haven’t paid any blinds) to join the game 4-5 minutes in.
That would be hilarious. Do it.

2 Likes

lol

They should do away with the late registration all together. If you can’t make the game/tourney on time then you don’t play it ! My opinion :slight_smile:

1 Like

100% agree.

1 Like

My observation: Free rolls are the worst. If you want to learn to play those won’t help much. Log in daily and after 5 days your getting 2500 chips a day. use it on sit and goes or low entry tournaments, as you build your bankroll you will play better competition. Free rolls were only a way to get started, not reside in. If you cannot get to 5k or better entry fee tournaments or SNG’s you’ll always be at the table with people who frustrate you. Be patient stay away from all ins except when you have the nuts (still working on that) and have some fun. and I agree on late postings although I do it, and rebuys only encourage foolish all ins.

1 Like

I play in a league that doesn’t allow registration until 30 minutes b4 game time…since that rule was made there has never been a no-show.
I’m not suggesting a rule that strict but there are MTTs listed at the moment for July 1st.
It seems that could be very easy to forget unless you had set some kind of notification.

I share your opinion.

2 Likes

Nice to hear GrandyB !

I love no-shows or greyed players. I call them splashers since their chips go into the pot but they will never get any. It’s free chips.

2 Likes