Flop two pair and die every time

A full house in poker beats a flush.

Well after reading this thread earlier I just spent a few hours making a conscious choice to play two pair a lot more to the river and majority of the time I got destroyed. They really are overrated.

Flopping 2 pair is obviously cursed

1 Like

Not as much as drawing rockets.

I saw someone say sites like Replay aren’t completely random but use a bunch of different scenarios in the programming, I totally believe this. I just see the same thing happen over and over and I know I’m not going to survive the river regardless.

Had Pocket Kings earlier flop comes 8 9 3 I push all in donk called with Queen Jack had a gutshot to the surprise of not me 10 hits the river. It’s like expecting to win with the best hand on an all in is dumb on my part.

1 Like

Amen Pug. I would say that I lose about 90% of the time for all the reasons you mention. I can’t explain it though. What drives me crazy is how rare it is to hit the boat. Almost never improves and that is why it’s consistently a loser. I have seen this since I first started playing 8 years ago. But really, how can you not bet 2 pair on the flop? It looks so good.

1 Like

matter of fact any hand that I flop dies by river. I folded a what would’ve been a flopped flush the other day, but river was 4th suit and course player had a higher flush than mine.

This is a very strange post.

An opponent with pocket pairs flops a set about 12% of the time. Therefore, if you managed to get 12% or more of their stack in preflop, two-pair is the effective nuts. If you only managed to get about 3% of their stack in preflop, it’s no longer the effective nuts, and you shouldn’t be putting stacks in with just 2-pair.

1 Like

LOL, we’ve had a lot of posts here that probably qualify. I’d be impressed if 10% of our player pool actually understands your post, and if 2% reflect that understanding in their play. Hurry up and build your stack.

1 Like

Ahaha, thank you

Obviously the problem with flopping two pairs is that if the two cards are close together, then very likely somebody else who has called a pre-flop raise has a good drawing hand.

For example you have King Jack and you have flopped two pairs, but now Queen 10 has an open-ended straight draw.

Suited aces are also problematical, because if you have Ace + small and flop two pairs, you are vulnerable to an opponent with Ace +big.

On the other hand if you are in the big blind and you flop two pairs with King 6 on a rainbow flop, then you are pretty strong.

On replay poker a lot of players go all in on the flop with two pairs on wet flops and they get called. Being replay poker, they will often get called by two players, thus doubling the chance that someone will hit that flush or straight draw on later streets.

This is the conundrum of Replay Poker. Everyone knows that you generally don’t have the odds to call a large bet on the flop with an open-ended straight draw or a flush draw, but if a sufficiently large number of your opponents make these calls, some of them will get lucky.

Players who have large stacks may fold some of these draws, but often the biggest danger comes from smaller stacks who decide to go for broke.

However note that not all draws are equal. A flush draw with two overcards to the flop has more potential outs versus an opponent who flops top pair.

I don’t know if it’s just me, but when I watch videos of professional poker players, I don’t see a lot of hands where one player shoves on the flop and the other chases with a draw.