Fit or Fold: suddenly the stations aren't calling

This is the correct analysis.

I got the itch to play poker a few weeks ago and went somewhere else to play because as I’ve stated before, I will not play here at the moment.

I joined some 9-player SnGs that started everyone off with 50 BBs and the BB doubled every 90 seconds. Starting from the BTN in this format, there is a relatively high chance that the BB will be at least 1/4 of your stack when it gets to you. This obviously leads to extremely high variance games. But, we’d still get to the point where the BB was ~10% of all the chips at the table with 5 players left quite frequently. It was silly; I pretty much had to shove any top 15% hand within 5 minutes of the start.

/off-topic/
Of course, the whole site is setup to dis-incentivize people from following good bankroll management in order to get people to pay for chips and whatnot. And then there’s the rampant chip dumping via continuous all-in raising and calling by two people… the person dumping the chips stands-up from the table to automatically lose to the receiver.

So what do I do? I took @love2eattacos advice from this post and started calling the chip dumpers after I reported them. :laughing:

/on-topic/
So anyway, I just wanted to provide an example from the opposite end of the spectrum… where the games are designed to end in 15 minutes or less. Shorten or lengthen the game, it won’t change the outcome unless you change the players. It’s just the friggin way she goes, boys.

1 Like