Favorite Holiday Treats!

What are some of your favorite Holiday treats? Every Christmas I like to make some Christmas cookies as well as a box of fudge. They are both excellent treats that I only have during the Holiday season.

-Marc

4 Likes

Late November, early December, I start buying persimmons–whatever kind I can find. The little Fuyu persimmons, pictured here, can be eaten in slices.

Persimmons Cookies They have a very mild, sweet flavor. I love them! I also let them ripen until they go completely soft, and then I freeze the pulp (not the peel) until I have enough to make a batch of persimmon cookies–not the prettiest cookie in the world, but delicious, full of walnuts, plump raisins, and lots of lovely persimmon pulp. These are very special winter treats, and I look forward to them every year!

3 Likes

Have to agree about persimmons Jan. Tiandra introduced me to them this year and I have quickly become addicted, in fact they have taken over from mangos !! I peel and slice the very ripe ones and eat them just as they are.:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Rice Krispie treats using food coloring. Don’t tell anyone because it might ruin my “ bad boy “ reputation Hahahahahaha :joy:make each pan thin so when you cut them you can double stack each one. It’s all about the presentation lol :laughing:.

2 Likes

Every year I make fudge, peanut butter balls dipped in dark and milk chocolate, and truffles filled with pureed coconut, or dark chocolate mousse. Then I remind myself, that it’s only me in the house, so I quickly wrap them up and give them away.

2 Likes

I might wrap them up, freeze them, and eat one a day for the rest of the year! (And by one a day I mean all of them by New Year’s Eve.)

3 Likes