Favorite Beverages!

This discussion was briefly brought up recently in an unrelated thread in the thread Planning Ahead Thread so I thought it would be a fun idea to discuss our favorite beverages! These beverages can be anything! Drinks that contain alcohol, soda, water, etc… anything! I’ll start!

My favorite drink besides from drinking water is Twisted Tea! It is a beer that has about 5% alcohol and is made to taste like real iced tea with lemon. It is well known on the East Coast and is offered in several different styles and flavors but I most prefer the original flavor. Outside of that I’ll mostly drink water but will occasionally enjoy an Angry Orchard, Mikes Hard Lemonade or a Frozen Mudslide. They are different types of drinks that have alcohol in them. I’m not a fan of carbonated drinks like soda or carbonated beer so these drinks listed above work well for me since they have little to no carbonation.

What are some of your favorite beverages?

-Marc

3 Likes

Raspberry iced tea for me, with or without a generous dollop of merlot.

2 Likes

Double strength Irish or English Breakfast tea…straight up. I have at least 15 cups a day, some hot, some cold. It’s the only thing I drink.

2 Likes

Lemon and elderflower fizz !!

Ingredients

To decorate

Method

• STEP 1

To decorate the glasses with a sugar rim, tip the sugar onto a flat plate and the lemon juice into a bowl. Dip the rim of each glass in the juice, then the sugar.

• STEP 2

Put the gin, lemon juice, sugar and elderflower cordial into a large jug. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Add the prosecco, then the sorbet, and give it a good stir. Pour into the prepared glasses and pop in a few strips of lemon zest.

3 Likes

Dunkin large iced coffee, light , 4 equal. (It’s a New England thing) .

Gin and tonic. Hendricks gin and Fever-Tree premium Indian tonic water.

1 Like

You can’t beat a pint of cask ale, Brewed in the barrel, good old English ale brewed with hops and malted barley.

1 Like

I like a beverage I can sip for a long, slow time, that keeps me alert enough to play reasonably well and spares me the urgent trip to the loo every 10 minutes or so. Thus, I pour a nice white wine over ice and sip myself silly–usually literally so–during a good long tournament with friends. Good times!

4 Likes

MONSTER! :canned_food:

3 Likes

Tea, please. That’s real tea, with milk and a little sugar. Non of these fruit infusions that folks call tea, but aren’t, or even your American ‘Iced Tea’. It may be made from tea leaves, but trust me, it’s not TEA!! You can have it peely-wally, which has much milk, and not a lot of brew-time, or my preference which we call ‘Builder’s Tea’, which is brewed until the spoon stands up unsupported, usually with a couple of extra sugars! BTW, America, tea MUST be made with boiling water, not water that’s been boiled sometime in the last half hour, but actually boiling when the water hits the leaves or bag. Particularly refreshing in hot weather - not that we know a lot about hot weather, but you get my drift.

2 Likes

I am drinking that “real tea” of which you speak at this very moment, made proper with milk and a little sugar. I will admit, though, that my spoon did not stand up unsupported. I’ve made it with boiling water (learned to do that at school in England). And I agree: hot tea in hot weather is refreshing. I believe it’s because if it’s a really hot drink, you break out in a sweat and the act of sweating cools you down. Am I right?

2 Likes

That’s what they say Jan about hot drink on a hot day. The only time I drink a hot beverage is in the morning, hot water with lemon then it’s cold all day and night :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Sounds like some stouts I’ve tried. I just can’t get into any drink I have to chew before I swallow! lol
That being said, if it has alcohol in it I may make an exception.
Otherwise, my drink menu starts most mornings with a large ( 20-24 oz.) coffee with a jigger of Jack Daniels in it. Usually by early afternoon I’m ready for a beer. My preferred bottle is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Very hoppy and not too strong. By evening I’m ready to drink and anything within arm’s reach is fair game.
In between, lots of water.
I love being retired. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

LOL, Ed! Coffee in the morning.

5 Likes

I think that is the theory, JanCee.

1 Like

I like several cans of cider while playing. That’s why i loose a lot.probably?

2 Likes

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a big favorite here. :slight_smile: Retirement is a big favorite here too!

2 Likes

Not sure where “here” is Jan, but it sounds a lot like “here”. :wink:

2 Likes

True Northern California. Could you be nearby?

1 Like

Born in San Francisco, raised in San Carlos. Now in Sacramento since '76. Definitely Sierra Nevada Pale Ale country.

1 Like

Yummy :yum:

2 Likes