Fair play, education and respect

Brazil was the last country in the Western world to abolish the enslavement of human beings.

I donā€™t think that safeguards people from having their feelings hurt via an online chat box. Also RP is a UK based site so citing American law is not as relevant.

You can report a player by pulling up their profile. Right next to the ā€œadd as a friendā€ is the ā€œreport a playerā€ Click on that and you can send Replay a message. I always try and include the hand number when it started, or an approximate time. The support team can go in and read all the chat. No need to copy the conversation. They will respond pretty quickly and let you know what theyā€™ve done.

1 Like

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/freedom-index-by-country

Speaking of free, Iā€™m guessing youā€™re not in the USA that couldnā€™t even make the top 10!

The ten countries with the highest human freedom indexes (the freest countries in the world) are:

1. New Zealand 8.88
  2. Switzerland 8.82
  3. Hong Kong 8.81
  4. Canada 8.65
  5. Australia 8.62
  6. Denmark 8.56
  7. Luxembourg 8.56
  8. Finland 8.53
  9. Germany 8.53
  10. Ireland 8.52

Regards,
TA

1 Like

You didnā€™t prove what I said was wrong. So, what is the point of your reply?.

2 Likes

The HFI consists of 76 indicators that proport to measure freedom as defined as a broad absence of coercive constraint. Do you really believe that there is a greater absence of coercive constraint in HK than in the USA? I would have assumed that being a constituent of an autocratic state is generally bad for personal freedom, and I would need to dig deeper into the methodology of the HFI to understand how HK could be ranked #3.

1 Like

Hong Kong most certainly will have decreased its rank, probably quite substantially, due to the recent (and not so recent!) changes.

As I remember the index, it looks at freedom from a personal liberty view and economic freedom. The methodology is explained on the site.

In any event, I did not intend to derail this thread, only to respond to a single comment who claimed happiness at living in a free country. Since none of the countries in America, except Canada, appear in the top 10, I picked the obvious and easy target. Canadians, in my experience, normally identify themselves by their specific country rather than generic ā€œAmericanā€ which could, as you know, be any one of 35.

Regards,
TA

1 Like

I agree that it is unmannerly to personally insult other players, but RP does have controls so that you can blank out another player from the chatbox, or indeed turn off the chatbox altogether. Also if you play on a phone app, there is no chatbox!

However the aim of competitive poker is to defeat, destroy, and humiliate villains, so sometimes you are probably going to get a bit of spillover when people get excited. But we should remember that most opponents are thousands of miles away and are perfectly harmless, mostly elderly, poker players.

OK, I am off to destroy some opponents now! In the nicest possible way.

2 Likes

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:

• Knowing when to come in out of the rain;
  • Why the early bird gets the worm;
  • Life isnā€™t always fair;
  • And maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (donā€™t spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldnā€™t defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death,
-by his parents, Truth and Trust,
-by his wife, Discretion,
-by his daughter, Responsibility,
-and by his son, Reason.

He is survived by his 5 stepbrothers;

• I Know My Rights
  • I Want It Now
  • Someone Else Is To Blame
  • Iā€™m A Victim
  • Pay me for Doing Nothing

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.

9 Likes

FINALLY ā€¦someone told it like it is! or should i say was

3 Likes

Thank you :+1:t2:

Brilliant!!!..except you forgot to mention he was also preceded in death
-by his Dog, Kindness,
-by his Cat, Forgiving,
-and his Horses, Listening, Understanding, and Excepting

2 Likes

Ok I meant Accepting and not expecting, but canā€™t find the darn edit pencil anywhere!!!

1 Like

pencil

In case you need to edit any of your new posts in the future.

2 Likes

True, a shame. President Lula was one of the few to go to Africa to ask forgiveness for that. But, thatā€™s not the subject of the post.

Neither I nor the website were charged. But, there are players who go beyond the limits of civility, which can lead to accusations in the criminal sphere for the site and the individual.

In the US there is also a law that prohibits all forms of discrimination, Iā€™ve been researching. Itā€™s in some answer, around here.

Inject this post directly into my veins.

2 Likes

Hahahahahaha, hahahaha :joy::joy:

The 1st amendment to the US constitution was specifically designed to protect offensive speech.

That may seem odd, but it was understood that mainstream, popular views needed no protection.

Of course, this only applies to government restrictions on speech. Private entities may restrict speech however they see fit.

1 Like