Elite Stakes Tournaments

You may be correct, technically speaking (though I’m pretty sure I’ve heard 40 buy-ins), but it is a free money site, and I did my own calculations and found that I won over 10% of MTTs (and cashed ~30%) with an average of ~45 players with a sample size of over 200 tournaments, so there seemed to be little chance of taking a big hit.

You’re winning 10%? That’s freaking sick

Yeah… I tracked tournaments with buy-ins of 10k or higher, so it’s not just extremely high stakes tournaments. Those are a bit harder when there are only 25 players and 10 of them are some of the best players on the site. For example, over two months I played 86 and won 8 and cashed 23. That doesn’t sound too incredible. If you consider that 90% (conservatively) of players on Replay are absolute fish, it makes sense that someone could average winning as much as 4-5 of them could by luck. It seems to go in waves where I get to a few final tables in a row and then don’t cash 4-5 in a row.

I got my rank to ~600 just by playing MTTs and SnGs, but it wasn’t until I switched to ring that I was able to get under 200. But ring for play money is pretty pointless because it’s an unrealistic limpfest. I stopped playing because I just stopped caring, which caused me to lose. I was making aggressive plays that I typically would, but because I wasn’t invested in actually winning I would do it way too often and eventually go bust. For example, later in tournaments it becomes profitable to try to steal the blinds when people are too tight, but if you try to do it 3 times in a short span you will probably go bust. Anyway, elite stakes tournaments would make it more interesting, especially if only the best players (and a few fish who buy chips) could afford to play.

Yeah I agree that almost all of the players in tournaments below 50k are absolute fish and if you have even a basic knowledge of the game you get a gigantic ROI so perhaps it’s not worth being so conservative with bankroll management. The elite stakes tournies seem like a good new option and when I played the first 2.5m tourney I don’t think anyone was ranked below 200. I would also try taking a shot at the elite stakes 50k/100k ring games when you can -the level of play there is very high with tight, thinking players (at least compared to the rest of replay, I’ve never played with real money so I can’t say how it compares to that). I personally enjoy the challenge of using a few more chips to play at higher and more challenging levels and both are a good option to keep it fun on replay. Hope to see you there!
-Flyinghigh- :slight_smile:

Have heads up sng been considered? 500k - 5m range maybe?

Any news on the MTTs or Elite Stakes leaderboard?

For the moment there is no Elite Leaderboard planned, but we will add higher tournaments.

On Saturday the Saturday Fever with a buy-in of 2.5M, one week it starts at ET 15:30 and the other week it starts at ET 21:30 (excluded from leaderboards)

On Sunday, the Granddaddy of them All with a buy-in of 5M, one week it starts at ET 15:30 and the other week at ET 21:30 (excluded from leaderboards)

Also we make some changes for the daily tournament schedule and will add two daily 1 million buy-in tournaments, that will be online soon.

Awesome! Will try them out when I get enough chips back (my predictions sorta came true :cry:). Can at least one of the new 1M tournies be 6max- these are my personal favorite.

The schedule for high stake multi table tournaments.

Start Time ET Name Buy-in

2:30 Battle of Heroes 100K
5:30 Good Fortune 50K
7:30 Time to Repay 50K
9:30 North Sea Race 50K
10:30 Big Bang 1M
12:30 Replay Challenge 125K
14:30 Be Punished 50K
16:30 Bleeding Me 250K
17:30 Lunar Storm 50K
18:30 Game On! 1M
19:30 Domino Stone 50K
20:30 Big Guess 250K
22:30 Dare It 100K
23:30 Expensive Fun 50K

Thanks cool that makes sense- that should be better for higher stakes players. Thanks for the changes!

On request the removed 250K tournament is back, starting at 9:30 ET and named Over the Rainbow, tournament North Sea Race is starting at 10:00 ET now.

Thanks all for your feedback, as always very much appriciated!

Now I know what happened to my favs…Instead of changing what is, why not create new games for the “elite” players??? and leave the existing games alone???

Any chance of adding a few High stakes Royal tourneys. 7.5 I believe is the highest one now?

@Happiness Just wondering- is there a problem with having an Elite Stakes tournies on Replay as something to consider long term? I think this would be a good thing for Replay to consider at some point. It would solve ladyone’s problem and might get more people to play at the new levels- only a pitiful 9 people played in the Saturday Fever today and I think that might be different if there was an Elite Stakes leaderboard… Also thanks for adding back the 250K tourney- that was one that I’ve played a few times before and it seemed pretty popular.

In feb this year we started with the high level leaderboard, now we have 15 daily high level tournaments, and from this month two daily tournaments with a buy-in of 1M included, also the daily schedule was expanded from 111 to 144 tournaments in feb.
It goes step by step!

For an Elite leaderboard several dailyl tournaments has to run, it is too soon for that, for a lot of players the buy-in is too high and there will be a lot of tournaments with only a few players.

Than better play SnGs with a buy-in of 2.5M or 5M for now. It can take a while before it start and you need to invite others. But the advantage is you start with a full table and there is no moving from table to table.

But for sure we keep an eye on it and as soon as possible we start with some daily Elite mtts and when there is a good Elite schedule we can see if we can start with a leaderboard.

What can be an option is setting up a year rankings list (from July to dec), a leaderboard without payment, at least players can see how they are doing comparing to other regular players. An idea?

It need some time!
Today the Granddaddy of them All with a buy-in of 5M, if possible i play!

Oh, i not play the Granddaddy, lol, too late for me:)
Good luck who play!

Maybe a yearly leaderboard would be a good idea- that would probably be better for now while there are only a few people who play at this level and there are only a few per day. That could give more people with an insane amount of chips a reason to play tournies… The chips given in the leaderboard are pretty small at high stakes anyway- I don’t think many people play for them anyway. That would be really cool! I guess Elite would be 500K to 5M?

The tournaments with a buy-in of 1 million chips will stay counting for the high leaderboard this year.

But i think it is a good idea to include the 1M buy-in tournaments also in the Elite level ranking (with the Elite weekend tournaments and the possible daily Elite tournaments), makes it more interesting, good suggestion!!

I’ll discuss it and see if we can set it up for July. But again, it will be just a rankings list based on all won tournaments (will show as x best played because than you also see the number of played tournaments).

Thanks!! I like it!

Thanks for your suggestion!

Indeed most of the Royal tournaments have a small buy-in and i can imagine that regular Royal tournament players want to play for more chips after a while.

Are more players interested in higher buy-in Royal tournaments? And would you play if the buy-in is 15K or 25K?

Feedback of the regular Royal players is welcome!

Thanks for the reply. Sorry if I’m missing something obvious- I’m not too sure what this means… [quote=“Happiness, post:38, topic:4042”]
I’ll discuss it and see if we can set it up for July. But again, it will be just a rankings list based on all won tournaments (will show as x best played because than you also see the number of played tournaments).
[/quote]