Eat Your Veggies!

You are like Solomon here! Why didn’t I think of that?!

1 Like

I like a nice morning smoothie made with 1 small apple, 1/2 banana, 2 table spoons flax and chia seed mixed, 6-7 small carrots, 1 large handful of power greens (Costco) which are kale, baby spinach, chard, 1/2 cup frozen berries (blue, black and raspberries, sometimes a few frozen pineapple chunks and 6-7 ice cubes thrown into my Nutribullet bullet RX along with either a little water or coconut water, or almond milk etc., and viola, a nice healthy meal. Cool and refreshing, and very filling!

1 Like

Here’s something you might want to try…

4 Likes

Omg , I can’t laugh his hard this early :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Eggplant is so good, one of the cheapest produce items in the store, if people only knew. So many things you can do with it. Mild flavor, filling, low cal.

I admit to fry it in a crumb batter and then bake it with cheese and sauce like mini pizzas. Doesn’t add that much in the way of calories if you’re eating it as a dish. So good. Great on real pizza too.

2 Likes

Great tip … Thanks. There are some great pizza recipes too

Sunday lunch sorted

2 Likes

That looks absolutely disgusting. Good thing it’s a joke :nauseated_face:

1 Like

In all seriousness your mom might have a point about cooking vegetables well, due to the fact that vegetables use anti-nutrients to deter/cripple/kill insects and animals that would otherwise eat/kill them.

Unlike fruits, which benefit from animals eating and then expelling/spreading their seeds later on, vegetables tend to gain nothing from being eaten and therefore produce anti-nutrients to deter being eaten. For this reason older human civilizations invested time and energy to neutralize these anti-nutrients through means like soaking, fermenting, and cooking. Even more than this they tended to hunt instead of gather when possible, placing a high value on organ meats and animals with a high fat content. Another thing that modern humans are doing to our apparent detriment is eating seed oils (“vegetable oils”), see the last link here for more on that.

Some useful links:

Timeless Principles of Healthy Traditional Diets - The Weston A. Price Foundation - How traditional cultures ate to maintain health. See also the podcast of the foundation here Wise Traditions podcasts - YouTube.

It’s amazing how much we know and how much we don’t know! Thanks for sharing, Jake.

1 Like

Omnivores are really just carnivores that suck at hunting.

2 Likes

11 weeks into Keto Diet - This one just tried. I now hate Cauliflower and running out of ways to cook it but this worked

https://louisiana-grills.com/recipes/pork/bacon-wrapped-stuffed-cauliflower

3 Likes

What can’t bacon cure?!

4 Likes

everything as long as its British Back Bacon - these puny strips of so called bacon around the world dont cure they lie its not bacon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I only eat applewood triple cut butchers bacon :+1:t2:

There’s a few veggies on there so I can stay true to topic lol :joy:

3 Likes

OMG I want that now !!!

3 Likes

Hahahahahaha :+1:t2: The best :grinning:

2 Likes

I kid you not, my GF puts bacon bits on her ice cream.

2 Likes

I figured out how to stop Canadian bacon from curling in the pan.

Just take away their brooms.

4 Likes

Hahhhahah! Very clever, SPG!

2 Likes

In the end, it’s not that much different from putting salted peanuts on ice cream. The pleasure’s in the salty contrast to the sweet.

2 Likes