Does anyone understand this message?

a player told me “mvac rissopoker”
what does this mean?
context: I lost almost all of my chips twice in a tournament. Both times I got my chips back and I even got to first place. I don’t know if this is related

1 Like

I tried to Google “mvac,” tried to use Google translate, found nothing that clarifies this mysterious message. If I were you, I’d just assume it means, “Most Valiant Achievement, Cardshark!” and take it as high praise.

5 Likes

I found an Australian company that used “MVAC” in connection with “free slot games.”

“Risso” is a kind of dolphin, aka the grey dolphin. Dolphins are like fish, but are mammals, just like us!

So maybe he was saying you play slot machine poker like a big fish!

9 Likes

:rofl:

rissopoker will prefer my answer, I think!

2 Likes

:joy:

Rissopoker is the author. “ mvac “ is the question. I would go with Jans answer and leave it at that. The filters wouldn’t let me text what it actually means lol :joy:

2 Likes

1 Like

A good strategically applied “misunderstanding” can be the best revenge!

3 Likes

I never let facts stand in the way of a good story.

My solution might not be right, but it’s the most creative!

4 Likes

Was the player TRI-AGAIN? I won a pot on the river and he said, ‘ric’ ‘mvac’. I’ll go with river cat since my avatar is a cat, but have no idea what mvac is other than central vacuum or motor vehicle accident claim.

3 Likes

It’s an old gypsy curse. Usually it’s said along with one flipping their fingers from under their chin towards the other individual.

It’s difficult to pronounce because of the silent vowels and consonants.

4 Likes

It used to make me feel stupid, and very old, trying to read posts in the Community, because everyone seems to use acronyms. After a while though, I thought that maybe everyone else had never learned to spell, or was to lazy to type out entire words. So now, instead, I make a game out of it and make up my own meanings for the alphabet soup that I come across daily. It’s always good for a laugh. Unfortunately, I can’t share them with you or the censors would be very very busy.

5 Likes

send him a friend request and ask him ------- please please as I want to know

tiggs

2 Likes

Ahhh, the direct approach! I like it, but it’s a lot more fun to guess.

My new guess is that it means, “My Vendingmachine Accepts Creditcards”.

3 Likes

ooooo I like that one only if the VM has Gin - then chip and pin up baby am all in xxx

2 Likes

The air conditioning system has to be vacuumed before servicing so therefore the person “ sucks “…… mystery solved lol :joy:

3 Likes

I think we should all get participation trophies for our efforts :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Not to resurrect a dead horse or whatever, but was the player in question Italian? It could be a variant of a common profanity (ma va…), which roughly translates to either “screw it” or “don’t be a fool” though googling it revealed only the Anti Communist Volunteer Militia. Maybe they were recruiting you?

3 Likes

I agree with you, your spin is the most creative and informative too

2 Likes